Thailand never ceases to amaze me

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Thailand never ceases to amaze me

Post by phuketrichard »

Drunk bicyclists who are currently immune to litigation because there is no law to make drunk cycling an offence will in the near future face a fine of 500 baht under a new traffic bill which passed the first reading of the National Legislative Assembly on Thursday.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/drunk-cycl ... baht-fine/

Should give them a reward, anyone who can cycle drunk is dam good. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand never ceases to amaze me

Post by pczz »

Cyclists are becoming as much of a nuisance here as everywhere else. They should be shot on sight.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

So if you cannot afford a car or a motto you should walk................. =@
sklmeera
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by sklmeera »

WTF Thailand will soon be as anal as the UK.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Drunk bicyclists who are currently immune to litigation because there is no law to make drunk cycling an offence will in the near future face a fine of 500 baht under a new traffic bill which passed the first reading of the National Legislative Assembly on Thursday.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/drunk-cycl ... baht-fine/

Should give them a reward, anyone who can cycle drunk is dam good. :beer3:
Just venturing out on the street should be classed as an extreme sport such as base jumping or wing suite flying, excellent adrenaline rush ;-)
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Arget wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:15 pm So if you cannot afford a car or a motto you should walk................. =@
no, you can ride a bike but preferably with lights on, on the correct side of the road asnd obeying traffic signals. the trouble is mist cyclists are imune to traffice stops so they don;t goive a fuck about other road users. Im Singapore they have special cycle police to catch these arseholes and thye do get tickets
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I found Thailand roads scary. Like Cambodia, everything is trying to run down everyone else. Danger of being roadkill everywhere. Unlike Cambodia, everything is at high speed. And no warning horns. Impossible to see in all directions all the time.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Cycling drunk is great fun. Obviously don't be a dick about it.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:34 am I found Thailand roads scary. Like Cambodia, everything is trying to run down everyone else. Danger of being roadkill everywhere. Unlike Cambodia, everything is at high speed. And no warning horns. Impossible to see in all directions all the time.
Having driven thousands and thousands of KMs in Camboida, Lao, Thailand and Malaysia
i have to say the worst and hardest driving is in Cambodia
Worst roads ( many were better 3-5 years ago) and you are sharing the road with;
other cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, walkers, dogs, goats, cows, those Chinese outboard trucks, many overloaded & under powered.
mostly driving /ridden by people who haven't a clue what they are doing.

Driving in Thailand, Malaysia is a joy
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:01 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:34 am I found Thailand roads scary. Like Cambodia, everything is trying to run down everyone else. Danger of being roadkill everywhere. Unlike Cambodia, everything is at high speed. And no warning horns. Impossible to see in all directions all the time.
Having driven thousands and thousands of KMs in Camboida, Lao, Thailand and Malaysia
i have to say the worst and hardest driving is in Cambodia
Worst roads ( many were better 3-5 years ago) and you are sharing the road with;
other cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, walkers, dogs, goats, cows, those Chinese outboard trucks, many overloaded & under powered.
mostly driving /ridden by people who haven't a clue what they are doing.

Driving in Thailand, Malaysia is a joy
Thailand is good because they drive on the correct side of the road :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic