Where to Buy German Sausage in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Where to Buy German Sausage in Phnom Penh?

Post by jimpson »

Guys or Gals,

My wife has formed a taste for German sausage that she has been buying from Super Duper.
The last few times that we have been in Super Duper they have have been devoid of German sausage and have had diminishing stock of any other sausage. I have looked up Smokey Dah Boer but see that they don't open on Saturday or Sunday.

Any other place that we might be able to buy from tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance

Jimpson
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Where to Buy German sausage?

Post by xandreu »

I was talking a friend just the other day about how difficult it is to buy good quality sausages here (rather than the overly processed hot dog style sausages you normally find).

He recommended Strokesys Meat (Just off Russian Market - Street 444 No 51). I haven't been there yet so not sure if they do German sausages or not but he highly recommended them.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

Xandreu,
Thanks for the reply.
I have just phoned them and they tell me that they do the kind of sausage that I want and that they are open tomorrow
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

jimpson wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:31 pm Xandreu,
Thanks for the reply.
I have just phoned them and they tell me that they do the kind of sausage that I want and that they are open tomorrow

I hope you report back,,, or better still a invite to your BBQ will be accepted.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
jimpson
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jimpson »

Duncan,

The sausages are wanted by my wife (who is Vietnamese)
I am NOT party to what she wants them for BUT since the Tet holiday is at the end of this month I strongly suspect that the sausages will be given to her mother and brother at the weekend in order to be transported to Vietnam to feed the starving family!

The chances of me getting a taste of the sausages is remote at best as I will NOT be in Vietnam at Tet.

The most that I could report is what price per kilo and how much cash I had to provide to buy them!
This is assuming that I will actually be allowed to witness the transaction.

I'll do my best.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I would think Danmeat Butchers shop would be your best bet. I think he's the only German butcher in Phenom Penh and certainly the longest. I used to get sausage and black pudding from him around 20 years ago when he started.
https://danmeat-butcher.business.site/

Address: 36 Oknha Men St. (200), Phnom Penh
Hours: Open ⋅ 8am-6.30pm Closed Sunday
Phone: 097 929 2234

Here's another thread on German Sausage from a couple of years back. topic16457.html
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Where to Buy German Say in Phnom Penh?

Post by pczz »

There are at least 2 new super dupers now, so thats 4 altogether. 1 is on 63. They all seem to carry slightly different stocks so if 1 has no salami another will. Aeon and Thai Hout also stock salami
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

pczz wrote:There are at least 2 new super dupers now, so thats 4 altogether. 1 is on 63. They all seem to carry slightly different stocks so if 1 has no salami another will. Aeon and Thai Hout also stock salami
I've found the one on 57/306 has the best frozen meat selection compared to the other branches. Lots of sausages in there.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Why has the word sausage been changed to say in the thread title?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 am Why has the word sausage been changed to say in the thread title?

I wondered that. Maybe sausage is such a big word some posters here cannot pronounce it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic