Pattaya will eradicate all prostitution.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: Pattaya will eradicate all prostitution.

Post by Soi Dog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: I don't agree with the poster that said beer bar customers will become massage customers by default is wrong IMHO, it's a completely different demographic.
You don't agree that if other alternatives in the sex industry (go-go bars, beer bars, freelancers, karaokes, etc.) were heavily clamped down on (Vietnamese style) that massage parlors, IF unaffected by any morality crackdown due to corrupt, well-connected local owners (like the former mayor of Bangkok, who is the same massage parlor-owing individual that bulldozed those beer bar areas I mentioned before), wouldn't see some increase in customers? Punters have their personal preferences of where to go for their sexual fixes, but take away their favorite monger option and most will chose the next best option for them, as opposed to packing up and moving to Tijuana, Mexico or something. Some of those would surely use the available massage parlor option instead.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Soi Dog wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: I don't agree with the poster that said beer bar customers will become massage customers by default is wrong IMHO, it's a completely different demographic.
You don't agree that if other alternatives in the sex industry (go-go bars, beer bars, freelancers, karaokes, etc.) were heavily clamped down on (Vietnamese style) that massage parlors, IF unaffected by any morality crackdown due to corrupt, well-connected local owners (like the former mayor of Bangkok, who is the same massage parlor-owing individual that bulldozed those beer bar areas I mentioned before), wouldn't see some increase in customers? Punters have their personal preferences of where to go for their sexual fixes, but take away their favorite monger option and most will chose the next best option for them, as opposed to packing up and moving to Tijuana, Mexico or something. Some of those would surely use the available massage parlor option instead.
I just think the locally owned connected massage places are out and out sex venues catering mainly to groups of Asian customers, whereas beer bars are primarily drinking venues not frequented by those groups where you might pick up a girl if the fancy takes you. Some might but that depends on your definition of some. It's a hypothetical anyway because if they shut everything except those massage parlours surely the now puritannical crusader against all sin former mayor of Bangkok would expose such skullduggery.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: I just think the locally owned connected massage places are out and out sex venues catering mainly to groups of Asian customers, whereas beer bars are primarily drinking venues not frequented by those groups where you might pick up a girl if the fancy takes you. Some might but that depends on your definition of some.
Last time I went to one of those places there were mostly farangs fogging up the fishbowl glass with their breath, trying to decide which number to choose.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I always thought they were part of the Pattaya initiation ceremony for any newcomer, I don't think I could ever have afforded to become a serial slider.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

the only way the beer guys would go to a massage parlor is if IT served beer.
There's a HUGE difference in whiling away the hours drinkin beer with mates and going to a massage place for a quickie happy ending. Two different things entirely. Time wise and goal wise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic