White girls speak khmer

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

Re: White girls speak khmer

Post by Kinetic »

3 american guys speak khmer

Just love the way they speak. It's so funny to hear. They're can speak, they sing, play comedy... amazing! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kinetic wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:19 am 3 american guys speak khmer

Just love the way they speak. It's so funny to hear. They're can speak, they sing, play comedy... amazing! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
yeah seen these too, but iirc this was like one of the only videos they made in the end
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm
TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm I'm not that much into barang girls. BUT I would study with that blond girl on the video. Looks like she has a good vibe. Where is she from anyway?
She's from Memphis, but she lives in Pittsburgh now.

She's a physician.
O well time to move on then:)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sorry Mate, ur wrong, what the fuck does compatible have to do with anything???

The only way to learn a foreign language, ( the way the US state dept teaches all their officials, the peace corps and the language school in Monterrey,Ca) is your teacher cannot explain anything in the language you understand.
otherwise you will Always be translating back and forth from ur language to the one ur trying to learn.
it will take twice as long...

If ur teacher says "Vous tous, fermez-la et asseyez-vous"

he/she does not translate it so u understand, he/ she ACTS it out so you will always combine the act with the words and not
translate the above to
"All of you, just shut up and sit down"

When i learned french in Africa we were not allowed to speak English anywhere on campus and our teachers did not speak a word of english
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

explorer wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm :please:
100 % wrong, to learn ANY language you want your teacher to not speak a word of any language you speak.
So tell us you speak fluent Khmer, and you learnt from people who cannot speak a word of English.
Worked for 16 million Khmer.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 am sorry Mate, ur wrong, what the fuck does compatible have to do with anything???

The only way to learn a foreign language, ( the way the US state dept teaches all their officials, the peace corps and the language school in Monterrey,Ca) is your teacher cannot explain anything in the language you understand.
otherwise you will Always be translating back and forth from ur language to the one ur trying to learn.
it will take twice as long...

If ur teacher says "Vous tous, fermez-la et asseyez-vous"

he/she does not translate it so u understand, he/ she ACTS it out so you will always combine the act with the words and not
translate the above to
"All of you, just shut up and sit down"

When i learned french in Africa we were not allowed to speak English anywhere on campus and our teachers did not speak a word of english
Try to act out a monthly report, the department of immigration or the meaning of the word 'kompong' in combination with a verb.

Your method works fine for simple words, but with more difficult (abstract) words and grammar it's a no go I think.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm
TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:12 pm Learn Khmer with the barang girls or solo???
When you learn Khmer you need a person or people who speak Khmer and English to teach you. All of the people who taught me where Khmer.

The primary benefit is that you can communicate with Cambodian people.

Sometimes you meet barang girls who want to learn Khmer, and you can teach them. Sometimes you meet barang girls who are glad to have someone to translate when traveling in Cambodia. Sometimes barang girls are just happy to meet new friends.
I would say some learn easier with a teacher speaking English and Khmer.
Some learn better with a teacher just able to speak Khmer.
And some don't bother to learn the language at all.

:stir:
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 am
Kinetic wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:01 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Kinetic wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:31 pm
seen both these before, the 2nd one about a year ago i think,
the first ones Khmer is really good considering shes only been in country a couple of years, can tell shes hung round Khmers a lot
When you say you "seen these before" you mean that you meet them? Or you already saw these videos?
haha na just the videos mate, everyone knows im far too infected with Yellow fever to be knowing too many barang women out here, could count them on one hand
Oh ok ok. For 30sec I was : "This guy is legend! He met these 2 cuties, AWESOME!!" Then I realized that I maybe I made a mistake... But your still a "Handsome" guy Jamie haha
Back in the west they might get classed as cute, but here in Cambodia? Meh... :D
Why does every thread or story involving a white woman devolve into assessing her level of attractiveness within about five posts?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kinetic wrote:
prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm She's a physician.
Her linkedIn says that she's a pediatric resident. She was health/civic volunteer in Cambodia from 2010 to 2012. That's why she speak fluent khmer.
Makes sense now. No way any healthcare system would let a practicing physician take a 2 year paid leave of absence to go learn Khmer.

Good luck to her on residency. She’ll be a great pediatrician. Hopefully will return to Cambodia to retire and take care of the kids.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:11 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 am
Kinetic wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:01 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:18 pm
Kinetic wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:55 pm

When you say you "seen these before" you mean that you meet them? Or you already saw these videos?
haha na just the videos mate, everyone knows im far too infected with Yellow fever to be knowing too many barang women out here, could count them on one hand
Oh ok ok. For 30sec I was : "This guy is legend! He met these 2 cuties, AWESOME!!" Then I realized that I maybe I made a mistake... But your still a "Handsome" guy Jamie haha
Back in the west they might get classed as cute, but here in Cambodia? Meh... :D
Why does every thread or story involving a white woman devolve into assessing her level of attractiveness within about five posts?
'cuz boys will be boys
don't you have some topless men to be taking pictures of or something?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic