White girls speak khmer

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Kinetic
Expatriate
France

White girls speak khmer

Post by Kinetic »

This one is old but it's always nice to see. She's so adorable. So cute when she laugh ❤️

A more recent one. She's learning but has already good basics.

I'm in love with these 2 girls ❤️❤️❤️
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: White girls speak khmer

Post by explorer »

I hope this encourages some of the people recently arrived to learn Khmer.

You can have so much fun when you can talk to anybody.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

explorer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 pm I hope this encourages some of the people recently arrived to learn Khmer.

You can have so much fun when you can talk to anybody.
Learn Khmer with the barang girls or solo???
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

Dibs.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Amazing!!!!! :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:12 pm Learn Khmer with the barang girls or solo???
When you learn Khmer you need a person or people who speak Khmer and English to teach you. All of the people who taught me where Khmer.

The primary benefit is that you can communicate with Cambodian people.

Sometimes you meet barang girls who want to learn Khmer, and you can teach them. Sometimes you meet barang girls who are glad to have someone to translate when traveling in Cambodia. Sometimes barang girls are just happy to meet new friends.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

explorer wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm
TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:12 pm Learn Khmer with the barang girls or solo???
When you learn Khmer you need a person or people who speak Khmer and English to teach you. All of the people who taught me where Khmer.

Sometimes you meet barang girls who want to learn Khmer, and you can teach them. Sometimes you meet barang girls who are glad to have someone to translate when traveling in Cambodia. Sometimes barang girls are just happy to meet new friends.
I'm not that much into barang girls. BUT I would study with that blond girl on the video. Looks like she has a good vibe. Where is she from anyway?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:
100 % wrong, to learn ANY language you want your teacher to not speak a word of any language you speak.

the BS that you try to pass on amazes me...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm not that much into barang girls. BUT I would study with that blond girl on the video. Looks like she has a good vibe. Where is she from anyway?
Kampong Thom. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm :please:
100 % wrong, to learn ANY language you want your teacher to not speak a word of any language you speak.

the BS that you try to pass on amazes me...
Sorry mate but you are not right, Khmer and English are not compatible languages and you would need a teacher who speaks English in order to explain the general English meanings of the words and the grammar, at least at the start anyway if you are new to the country, definitely want a Khmer tutor not a foreigner for sure, but your learning would be far superior if your teacher could speak English too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic