Mark Edward Lindenmuth Jr. Gets Violent & Pulls Knife on Vietnamese Landlord

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Mark Edward Lindenmuth Jr. Gets Violent & Pulls Knife on Vietnamese Landlord

Post by hanno »

And live just got get a little tougher for foreigners in Vietnam because of that loser.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Mark Edward Lindenmuth Jr. Gets Violent & Pulls Knife on Vietnamese Landlord

Post by prahocalypse now »

Mark Lindenmuth says:
The Vietnamese guy at the homestay held me against my will and didn't show his face when the police came. Those same police told me I was free to leave after quickly determining that I was innocently
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

He also claims that he didn't use a knife and that the video was heavily edited. He claims that Jimmy Dong cut out the part where he promised to return the next day and pay 250,000 dong.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm He also claims that he didn't use a knife and that the video was heavily edited. He claims that Jimmy Dong cut out the part where he promised to return the next day and pay 250,000 dong.
It does seem a part was cut out in the middle. Also, if someone breaks a contract with you to pay for an apartment, or to pay for medical treatment, you don't get to imprison them against their will until they pay up. The Vietnamese guy is the criminal here.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I think it costs a lot of money to edit video heavily. I don't think they make Photoshop for videos yet.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

fax wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:08 pm I think it costs a lot of money to edit video heavily. I don't think they make Photoshop for videos yet.
I easy to do online if all you want to do is cut out the parts of a video you want to use and merge them together into one video.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:11 pm
fax wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:08 pm I think it costs a lot of money to edit video heavily. I don't think they make Photoshop for videos yet.
I easy to do online if all you want to do is cut out the parts of a video you want to use and merge them together into one video.
Its free if you run Linux with a video editing app.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Adobe Suite that Photoshop comes with has Premiere Pro and After Effects. Premiere is more for video timeline editing, cutting the various parts of the movie and organizing. After Effects is more for actually modifying the content like you can do in Photoshop with still images. They can do a lot of other things too, but anyway they aren't easy programs to master and you would have to be pretty damn efficient to be able to mask something/ insert a new element convincingly, especially in a short amount of time. Editing in terms of trimming shots, cutting out parts, putting them in sequence is relatively simple though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
MELindenmuthJr
Tourist

Post by MELindenmuthJr »

Sorry I'm late! I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic. That claim was made by a Canadian drug dealer by the name of [Mod edit: naming alleged drug dealer]. He attacked me because he thought I was going to turn him in to the police which I will do now, since he wants to chime in.

The video has clearly been edited. He cut out the beginning where I repeatedly asked him to either let me leave, or call the police. When the cops did show, they asked a few questions and then told me to leave. That's all I wanted to do to begin with.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

MELindenmuthJr wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:54 am Sorry I'm late!
You sure you want to dredge this up again? It had all but died away.

Oh, well...the usual suspects will be along shortly to pick apart your story.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic