Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by Kammekor » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 am

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:39 pm
Kammekor wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:03 pm
Kammekor wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am

Well, you're right, The actual bait is just she will save 15-25 bucks if he pays the MoFA. Assuming she cares about a legalized BC. Maybe she isn't aware. Maybe she doesn't care.
A Cambodian birth certificate is as useful as a paper tissue outside of Cambodia
I got both my kids passports from my home country using a standard Cambodian passport with a pyramid translation. So I'd say it's worth more than a tissue outside of Cambodia, if not wherever you yourself come from.
That's more value than I thought. I needed a legalized version from MoFA and had to legalize it again at the embassy of my country within 3 month of the issuing date of the MoFA certificate. The original Cambodia BC has been of zero use outside of Cambodia in our situation.
Damn...which country are you from? For NZ you just need to send them one of the original birth certs and they use their own translator, no need to be certified by the Cambodian MoFAIC or anything.
Netherlands.

They don't trust Cambodian documents that much back home, to put it mildly.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Expat Suspects Ex-Shanghai Bar Girl of Swapping Other Expat's Name on His Son's Birth Certificate

Post by Artisan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm

So, she is bonafide?
pebbles&nightsky
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by clutchcargo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Artisan wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 pm
So, she is bonafide?
Yes, she's definitely a bona.. :wink:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... /bona-fide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic