Sihanoukville-Phnom Penh Expressway Construction to Begin this Year (2018)

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sihanoukville-Phnom Penh Expressway Construction to Begin this Year (2018)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

August 21, 2018
First highway to break ground in November
Construction of the Kingdom’s first-ever highway, stretching 190 kilometres to connect Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, was confirmed to start in November.

The highway will begin in Phnom Penh’s Chaom Chao area, starting at street Tom Nop Kop Srov, which links national roads 4 and 5, according to Va Simsorya, spokesman at the Ministry of Public Works.

“Minister Sun Chanthol has already confirmed that construction of the expressway will begin in November as planned,” Mr Simsorya said on Friday. “The site is now being prepared for the upcoming construction work.”

China Road and Bridge Corporation, who has been granted the project, has also said they are ready to begin work, Mr Simsorya said.

The highway will be built on a build-operate-transfer basis, with the Chinese firm reaching a deal with the Cambodian government in January.

The government is now working on a compensation plan for people affected by the project, Mr Simsorya added.

The thoroughfare will come at a cost of nearly $2 billion, and it will stretch over 190 kilometres – shorter than the current road, which runs for 240 kilometres. It will have four lanes for the majority of its run and will take four years to complete.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50524648/f ... -november/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:51 pm The dream expressway:
15 June 2018
It has been confirmed by the Minister of Transport that the Chinese company, CAMBODIAN PPSHV EXPRESSWAY CO., LTD, will be in charge of the construction of the new 190.63 km long highway between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. It is expected to cost around US$2 billion, and the work is expected to commence before the end of 2018.
Can you give the source for the maps? Can't quite make out routing from those jpgs.
Grazi.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

cant wait to race down this super highway in this 8) 8) 8)

or this

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Luigi wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 pm
Can you give the source for the maps? Can't quite make out routing from those jpgs.
Grazi.
Better map ?
http://www.angkorpost.net/?p=40207&fbcl ... 9lcLJnMaMM
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Just what Cambodia needs... a high speed expressway for their clapped out cars and doggy drivers to try to attempt take-off speed.

I just hope the central reservation barrier will be VERY strong and VERY tall, otherwise 120 KPH+ will start meeting 120 KPH+ head on, and that will not be pretty.

The first hour, or the 'golden hour', after a serious RTA are crucial to the survival of those suffering severe trauma injuries. And that is what you will get with increased speed; it can't be avoided. To make use of this precious window of opportunity, this involves proper emergency response, competent scene control and risk assessment, stabilising those with the most life threatening injuries (insofar as possible) and urgent transfer to proper medical facilities This will often involve airlifting in the countries we all come from.

In my limited knowledge of Cambodia, it seems clear to me that Cambodia has none of these systems in place and even competent medical facilities are sparse or non existent out of the big cities. The terrible roads are actually traffic calming at the moment because they make very high speed difficult to achieve and sustain. That will change with 3 lanes of lovely runway-smooth tarmac (if the artists impression are to be believed)

Just wait until all those Range Rover Sport's, Porsche Cayenes et al get a bit of clear road to stick their foot down on and 160KPH is achievable with ease (top speed is 250MPH). Factor in a complete ignorance of lane discipline, add a lack of appreciation of how quick the approach of traffic behind you gets to you at that speed, and you will see serious multi- vehicle pile ups aplenty and a (needlessly high) mortality rate off the scale. And lots of gory pictures for your dark web forum.

I don't suppose the Police have any high speed vehicles and trained drivers to try and catch them, have they?

I'm just glad Sihanoukville is such an unappealing place that I will never be tempted to use the thing if it ever gets built.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Just to get into the mood of an autobahn... :dm:

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 am Just what Cambodia needs... a high speed expressway for their clapped out cars and doggy drivers to try to attempt take-off speed.

I just hope the central reservation barrier will be VERY strong and VERY tall, otherwise 120 KPH+ will start meeting 120 KPH+ head on, and that will not be pretty.

The first hour, or the 'golden hour', after a serious RTA are crucial to the survival of those suffering severe trauma injuries. And that is what you will get with increased speed; it can't be avoided. To make use of this precious window of opportunity, this involves proper emergency response, competent scene control and risk assessment, stabilising those with the most life threatening injuries (insofar as possible) and urgent transfer to proper medical facilities This will often involve airlifting in the countries we all come from.

In my limited knowledge of Cambodia, it seems clear to me that Cambodia has none of these systems in place and even competent medical facilities are sparse or non existent out of the big cities. The terrible roads are actually traffic calming at the moment because they make very high speed difficult to achieve and sustain. That will change with 3 lanes of lovely runway-smooth tarmac (if the artists impression are to be believed)

Just wait until all those Range Rover Sport's, Porsche Cayenes et al get a bit of clear road to stick their foot down on and 160KPH is achievable with ease (top speed is 250MPH). Factor in a complete ignorance of lane discipline, add a lack of appreciation of how quick the approach of traffic behind you gets to you at that speed, and you will see serious multi- vehicle pile ups aplenty and a (needlessly high) mortality rate off the scale. And lots of gory pictures for your dark web forum.

I don't suppose the Police have any high speed vehicles and trained drivers to try and catch them, have they?

I'm just glad Sihanoukville is such an unappealing place that I will never be tempted to use the thing if it ever gets built.
Totally agree with you I'm glad I'll never use it will they stop slow traffic from using the new highway
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Quote ] I don't suppose the Police have any high speed vehicles and trained drivers to try and catch them, have they?

No need, just a few water buffalo chased out onto the road will slow those cars down enough so they can be caught on a Honda Daliem.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The police will finally be able to stretch the legs of those Honda Nighthawks.... :lol:
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

What, a minimum speed law in Cambodia?
Markets depend on rural remorques and kohyuens to bring clunky Chinese furniture and rural produce to urban merchants.
Last edited by taabarang on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic