Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by IraHayes »

simon43 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am To be cruelly honest (IMHO), the best thing would to be deport her back to the UK and have her barred from entering Cambodia.
The sad fact is there's a huge number of people back in the UK that are just like her.

I still think they should give her unrestricted access to all her money and facebook. Get a TV crew to document her exploits as she stumbles from one disaster to another. The viewing public, especially her demographic, would lap it up as one of their own crashes and burns.

She is beyond help.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Cam Nivag wrote:
simon43 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:53 am To be cruelly honest (IMHO), the best thing would to be deport her back to the UK and have her barred from entering Cambodia.
Yeah, let's deport her and keep all the homeless alcoholic white dudes.
The homeless alcoholic white dudes dont appear to be posting on media about saving the world though and they dont appear to be sleeping with children either.
Mr Mac, you sir, have a chip on your shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

The Last Word
Expatriate
Laos

Post by The Last Word »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am Very moving story John, thank you so much for sharing. There are some people who touch our hearts in a deeper way - I wonder why that is?

To set the record straight regarding what I said that night.

I was standing talking to a small group of people about the incident while it was occurring. I said she’s a well meaning woman who is terribly inappropriate, several people questioned her mental state and I said I’m bothered by her lack of accountability snd terrible example she’s setting.

I had spoken to someone earlier that day who was also bothered by the number of men stepping up and offering to meet the children and help them learn English etc. It’s a disaster waiting to happen.

However I have never accused Ellise of any sort of child sex trafficking.

I’ve said she is unwise and lacking a sense of what is culturally acceptable and appropriate, a terrible role model and a disaster waiting to happen but I have never accused her of sexual misconduct with a minor.

Oh and I wasn’t videoing, I only took the couple of pics I posted on this thread.
I can tell from the incident on 130 she is not mentally stable 200% and has a very very short fuse.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

A red head with short fuse? surely not?
Even the ugly ones
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham: The book/bangle sellers/ beggars/ druggies in the Riverside/ Wat Phnom area are a very prominent group that is barely visible in the outlying districts. The vast majority of the poorest live outside that central district.
This is a key point. Why is it that Ellis has singled out this family in particular as needing help? From her rantings, it appears due to:

1. they are homeless sleeping in the streets
2. the mother was pregnant about to give birth
3. their kids run around dirty and naked
4. they make a living begging and recycling rubbish
AND HERE'S THE KICKER...
5. they are very visible and conveniently located in the tourist riverside area of 130...presumably not far from Ellis's place.

Seems to me as JB says..there are a lot worse off than this family however they are just not visible to most expats and tourists.

Remember the bangle/trinket seller 15yr old Vanny? She claims she goes to school in the morning and then sells in the afternoon and makes $15 a day usually (albeit Pieman claims she understated that). Well fook me, waitresses on riverside earn $5-7 for an 8 hour day before tips and they have rent to pay, transport costs, family to support etc. A beggar only has to get $5 in a few minutes and be set for the day...easy money arguably. It's obviously in the interests of some these begging families on riverside to look poor and get sympathy from tourists.

I saw a woman carrying a naked baby on riverside begging at a riverside restaurant squeezing the baby's backside to make it cry.. There are exceptions of course of ones that really deserve it. For example, the frail very old lady that walks around with her back bent over 90 degrees..

In the video of Ellis at the hospital with the pregnant woman, there's a glimpse of the woman's husband. I know this dude and see him around all the time..he's a fooking no hoper..drinks and smokes and I suspect he does drugs. Have also seen him walk around with a naked baby begging at the hostess bars.
Freightdog: Providing help and assistance is one thing, but disrupting someones life for a short while is quite another. If you suddenly provide candy/toys/comforts to a family that has not had these before, several problems arise-
Are you changing anything, or is it just a blip? Was it wasted effort?
When the gifts run out, it's not the giver who must cope with it- it's the mother of the kids. She probably now has to deal with the questions as to why it's being taken away. Raising expectations and helping people are entirely different and even conflicting, requiring some care and consideration.
Another excellent point. Are you actually helping giving them a short term sugar rush?? Is she actually making things worse for them by unnecessarily raising expectations? Doesn't it entrench them in their way of life of being dependent on begging or getting handouts? Of course they love her....

But most of all and the main point I wanted to make in this post....are there not more worthy people deserving of help??
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am
Oh and I wasn’t videoing, I only took the couple of pics I posted on this thread.
Creepy.
hahaha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Wow you guys need to drop this now.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I just want to know, now she is a CEO poster has Jamie met her for a drink yet?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Last night Ellis posted this on facebook:
Ellise Marie
17 hrs ·

Who wants to hear my huge news ? It’s that huge I’m not coming home
After several hours of keeping her followers in suspense, not revealing what the news was, and repeating that it was "huge", she eventually said
Didn’t happen
and never revealed what was "huge".

However, in a post today she writes that she had a meeting with the directors of the hospital where the homeless woman had the baby. They wanted to train her as a midwife. However, she didn't accept the offer.

Later in the evening when she returned to her hostel, covered in blood and afterbirth, she got into a verbal altercation with "some posh cunts from Westminster". She told them "exactly where to fuk off" and what she thinks of " posh little cunts like them".

The posh little cunts from Westminster checked out at 4am for fear of having their heads shaved in their sleep.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 pm
Later in the evening when she returned to her hostel....
Are you sure she lives in a hostel? I heard she rents an $800 apartment.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic