Beware the $3 Massage Parlors

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

A warning to anyone using the massage parlours on and near St 172.

I went there last night but made the stupid mistake of just getting money out of an ATM.
I thought I was playing safe by putting my pants on the bed beside me instead of the clothes hook by the door.

Only when I got back to my room did I notice the fake 100usd bill and was also missing 40. I thought straight away the ATM had given me the fake bill but remembered reading this thread and realised I had been robbed during the massage. There must have been someone hiding in the room who came out and stole the money and swapped the 100usd bill . Didn't hear a thing.

I'm down 140usd and was tempted to call the police but don't want my mug plastered all over the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Counterfeit $100 bills from ATMs in Cambodia

Post by davegorman »

Someone stole your money they didn’t rob you.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Or you could just say the most expensive back rub you ever had.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Arget wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:42 am Or you could just say the most expensive back rub you ever had.
“Where’s your hands?”
“Between the pillow”
“That’s not a pillow!”

Classic film.
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Mister1107 wrote:Image

Get another massage at the same place tomorrow and pay with that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Mister1107 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:58 pm Image

The Khmer writing is a giveaway.
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

..... in daylight.

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Or, if you must go to $3 joints, don't take large amounts of cash.

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On September 13, 2019, at 1:30 pm, Psar Kandal police, in collaboration with the police of justice department, arrested two massage ladies for stealing money from their customer at Khmer Massage shop on September 10, 2019, on street 154, Sangkat Psar Kandal, Khan Don Penh, Phnom Penh.

The suspects were identified as massage ladies, Heng Sokleng, 44-years-old, and Noeun Sreyleang, 22-years-old. The victim was identified as TAMEEM MOHAMMAD AZEEM, a 23-year-old man from Afghanistan staying at LongIn hotel.

On September 10, at 3:30 pm, the victim went to the massage shop, and while he was getting the message, the other woman stole US$600 of his money from his wallet and exchanged it with fake money. The Afghan man didn't suspect anything, and after the massage, he paid the suspects $3 and left the shop.
It was not until September 12 that the victim realized that his money had been stolen by the massage women and replaced by fake dollars, so then he went to file a complaint at the police station.

After receiving the complaint, the police went to the massage shop and arrested the suspects on September 13, at 1:30 pm. The suspects were sent to the police station for questioning and case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beware the $3 Massage Parlors; Afghan Man Loses $600

Post by LIVIDZX »

Another one?! Seriously, wallet underneath the pillow your head is resting on - how hard can it be?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic