Medical Assistance Recommendations

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Medical Assistance Recommendations

Post by pczz »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:07 pm Hello again everyone.

On the advice of another forum member I'm lifting this question out of my "laundry list" thread so that it can be referenced more easily. The situation is this:

In my spare time I'm going to be doing some volunteer work for an organization called the International Association of Medical Assistance to Travelers, or IAMAT, and one of the things they'd like me to do for them is to spitball a list of doctors, clinics, and hospitals that provide above-grade service here in Cambodia, for possible inclusion in their travelers' directory.

Any recommendations anyone has -- either here in Phnom Penh or elsewhere in Cambodia, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, all!

Dave.
Ok so some advertising company is paying you to find medical clinics who want to pay said advertising agency to include them in their exclusive directory? how does this qualify as charity? the good places are rarely used by people in need of charity.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Medical Assistance Recommendations

Post by yongchi »

I think it would be great to assemble a useful directory here on CEO. Perhaps we can make this sticky. Here we need this kind of info.

Aurore Polyclinic has different departments, e.g. cardiology, lungs, ENT.
I took a Khmer friend there to get treatment based on the recommendation of a doctor and it was a good place for the checkups, X-rays, etc. They did find the cause for my friend’s issues and the bill was OK. Medicine was a bit pricey, but it seemed to be targeted and it worked.

For reproductive health and STD checkups, and, if needed, the treatment: RHAC, an NGO. Different branches all over PP and the provinces.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic