More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Post by SaigonBilly »

Arget wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm It is not just expats and westerners who are the recipients of shitty rental rises and evictions, it is a lot of the Khmer stall holders and small business owners who rent building space losing livelihoods and "homes " they have had for years. Friends who previously went to Snookyville for holidays to escape PP say it is getting too expensive for them.
Sad when a counties citizens get to take second place to foreigners.
Watch out for the Chinese man!!!

Maybe they're Chinese Expats. hehe
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:28 am
ozguyinshv wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 am
ozguyinshv wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 am My last day here in sihanoukville is 19th January. Gotta say - I am looking forward to getting out of here!

And moving to where ?
Ill be going to Phnom Penh for a visit, then Singapore then back to Australia.
was good to have a few nights out with you bro in SHV and PP, all the best in the future mate
Yeah mate you too - was pretty damn fun! Keep in touch and catch up soon. Ill be back soon enough :)
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

SaigonBilly wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:53 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:28 am
ozguyinshv wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:28 pm
Duncan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 am
ozguyinshv wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 am My last day here in sihanoukville is 19th January. Gotta say - I am looking forward to getting out of here!

And moving to where ?
Ill be going to Phnom Penh for a visit, then Singapore then back to Australia.
was good to have a few nights out with you bro in SHV and PP, all the best in the future mate
Take Care Bro!
Thanks bro!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

davegorman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 am Does everyone who posts here have to meet up with this Jamie?

He’s quick.
:plus1:
:beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

@Jamie_Lambo I thought I'd sent you a PM of thanks for the LK tour a few days ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Anyway, I had to get to Bangkok a couple of days early so missed a second run to LK. Thanks to you and your bud. "Kink Club is, well, . . . LOL. :beer3: One thing, LK is cheaper than Bangkok on booze alone. Next time :hattip:

Back to Vietnam next weekend.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:56 pm @Jamie_Lambo I thought I'd sent you a PM of thanks for the LK tour a few days ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Anyway, I had to get to Bangkok a couple of days early so missed a second run to LK. Thanks to you and your bud. "Kink Club is, well, . . . LOL. :beer3: One thing, LK is cheaper than Bangkok on booze alone. Next time :hattip:

yeah bro was another fun evening, the football was good too :beer3: i didnt get back to my room until 6am, ended up down walking street, was destroyed lol :suicide:

Let me know if you swing by this way again, just got an apartment in Naklua
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Demolition started of Kong Bar & Guesthouse on Beach Road

Monkey Republic, Mick & Craigs and Olive and Olive are all going too if not gone already
Bye Bye SHV
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Shouldn't we be calling it by its proper name, Westport?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I’ve read those man Kong bar posts. Or I should say I stopped after a while because they so repetitive.

As I understood it the owner offered $60k, then was ordered to pay $100k then $300k but said he doesn’t have it!
WTF!
I went to that tiny Kong bar a few times. Average at best with girls on their phones and looking miserable.

She should have accepted $60k.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:56 pm @Jamie_Lambo I thought I'd sent you a PM of thanks for the LK tour a few days ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Anyway, I had to get to Bangkok a couple of days early so missed a second run to LK. Thanks to you and your bud. "Kink Club is, well, . . . LOL. :beer3: One thing, LK is cheaper than Bangkok on booze alone. Next time :hattip:

yeah bro was another fun evening, the football was good too :beer3: i didnt get back to my room until 6am, ended up down walking street, was destroyed lol :suicide:

Let me know if you swing by this way again, just got an apartment in Naklua
Well done. LOL. I'm also considering Naklua in the next couple of months. Got a couple of friends in one of the Lumpini Villes. They love it there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic