ABA Ecash - anybody having problems?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

ABA Ecash - anybody having problems?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Quite often this past year or more, I send cash to an atm, rather than take my card out.

Never had any issue until last weekend, when a machine didn't give me my money, but it debited from my account.

Not a huge issue, I created a dispute with ABA customer service in my branch and await my funds to be returned.

Then again, just now, sent cash to the atm, it showed me an "incorrect information" message, gave no money, and it debited from my balance.

Has this been happening to anybody else?

And did you get your cash back, if so?
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: ABA Ecash - anybody having problems?

Post by davegorman »

Never used it because I’ve got an ATM card. It’s not exactly any hardship to take it with you.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I've used it a few times, never had any issues. It's a handy tool to have.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I haven't used eCash but I do think ABA have issues with some of their processes.

The other day I generated virtual credit cards via their app to use for Grab but when I put the details into Grab it comes up with 'error'. When I look on ABA online via desktop the virtual cards from the app aren't showing..

I have an automatic monthly bill payment to my cable TV set up and then a few months ago my TV cable was cut off. Found out ABA had debited my account but had not forwarded the money to the cable TV company. Got the money back but had to wait for 45 mins to get served.

I was going to try their eCash the other day but after hearing this, I feel I couldn't be bothered if I get the same experience.

I like the online functionality they have but seems their systems are buggy..
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Canadia has an APP now...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I've never had an issue using ecash hundreds of times until this week,nor any issues with app functionality.

Strange
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

eCash is reserved for 24 hours. It should go back to your account if you fail to withdraw. Are the machines registering the withdraw but not giving you money? That would be alarming.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yes, exactly. Twice in a week.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Was it the same machine?

I use e-cash every other day but always use same machine without problems (it's on my daily route and it only pays $20's, and not a $50 which I avoid at all costs.)

I have had a machine not pay out once and ABA credited the debit without being asked. If it happens again I will not just assume it will re-credit and make sure - so thanks for the heads-up
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

I never realised this service was free, I am sure it was paid for before. With the app virtual debit card it makes the Visa card nearly redundant (although good as a back up)

Also makes wing payments back to province unnecessary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic