Group of Ladyboys Smash Their Prius into a Motorbike, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Group of Ladyboys Smash Their Prius into a Motorbike, Phnom Penh

Post by General Mackevili »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm
As it happens, she's stunning by any standards, and a thoroughly good person. Anyone who knows her would have guessed she'd stop, accept responsibility, and find a solution, which tbh is better than what many people here do when they get into accidents.
Could you please start using gender-neutral pronouns in the future, like 'they' and 'them'? Some people are very sensitive these days and get very offended by such language and look for anything at all that they could be offended by (and always find something).

Ok, I'm going back to building my snowperson now...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm As it happens, she's stunning by any standards, and a thoroughly good person. Anyone who knows her would have guessed she'd stop, accept responsibility, and find a solution, which tbh is better than what many people here do when they get into accidents.
:thumb:
She did the right thing
to bad more dont in KOW
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Bubble T wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:40 pm
As it happens, she's stunning by any standards, and a thoroughly good person. Anyone who knows her would have guessed she'd stop, accept responsibility, and find a solution, which tbh is better than what many people here do when they get into accidents.
Could you please start using gender-neutral pronouns in the future, like 'they' and 'them'? Some people are very sensitive these days and get very offended by such language and look for anything at all that they could be offended by.

Ok, I'm going back to building my snowperson now...
Er, what? I think you're referring to western bullshit I'm not aware of and probably don't want to be. No one gives a shit about pronouns here, and as it happens most of them are gender neutral in Khmer anyway. Ladyboys here call themselves ladyboys in English, if you ask them why they will usually say "because I used to be a boy and now I'm a lady, so that means I'm a ladyboy". They aren't snowflakes by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not sure what part of my post you felt you were responding to.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

You said 'gender' was in the title and shouldn't be because it isn't relevant. I'm always a bit amused at how much conversion can be started over things that aren't 'relevant.' Personally, I would consider 'LadyBoy' a lifestyle as opposed to a 'gender' so I didn't think gender was even mentioned in the title.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:41 pm You said 'gender' was in the title and shouldn't be because it isn't relevant. I'm always a bit amused at how much conversion can be started over things that aren't 'relevant.' Personally, I would consider 'LadyBoy' a lifestyle as opposed to a 'gender' so I didn't think gender was even mentioned in the title.
"ladyboy" for many is NOT a lifestyle
i am amazed you think this

Might be a few in Pattaya or Nana plaza that milk it for the $$,
BUT for many its being who they are

and btw, it was ONLY one ladyboy driving, not a group of them... :facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I'm more fascinated by how this topic drew BT out of the woodwork.

Had no idea he was engrossed in the ladyboy scene. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :thumb:
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I wouldn't mind them smashing their Prius in to my Motorbike if you know what I mean..

jk

not jk

jk
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Inzman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Inzman »

She must not be Cambodian, she stopped and offered assistance .
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

She or he or it? Well that’s why always slow down and look around before turning this is how to avoid accidents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic