If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by franzjaeger »

I've been editing some of my older posts, I was putting my anger on a few against the crowd, I wish them all the luck with their new management, I am taking a break from Cambodia, but surely will start missing the good parts again. The weather, the smiles, the girls, the moto, the fresh produce, the nature, the colors, and even the dangers of being here long term, who'd want to live a dull life anyway.

Best of luck to them and CEO.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Satiated Parrot wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:I deleted some posts. Sorry, busy and couldn't go through them, BUT a strict reminder that talking about other people's family is NEVER allowed on CEO.
What about pets?
Don't you dare.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Don't joke, my wife is Vietnamese and her favourite snack is a pet noodle.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

franzjaeger wrote: I am taking a break from Cambodia, but surely will start missing the good parts again...
We'll miss you! Hurry back!
giblet wrote:
Satiated Parrot wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:I deleted some posts. Sorry, busy and couldn't go through them, BUT a strict reminder that talking about other people's family is NEVER allowed on CEO.
What about pets?
Don't you dare.
Ha!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

They've added a Thailand (plus neighboring countries) section. How original.

And yes. Scoobendix, Your's in now definitely a copycat forum. It's time for your lightly-moderated section now. What wil it be called? "No holds barred"? "The Gladiator Arena"? The "We've No Ideas of Our Own So We Copy CEO" section? :lol:

Or will you naughty naughty adult section be next? The Ladies Only Zone? We know it is only a matter of time.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

My random observation is that there are hardly any new posts over there over the past 3 weeks coz all the posters are here.

we own all your base.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

frank lee bent wrote:we own all your base.
"All your base are belong to us", I believe.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

frank lee bent wrote:My random observation is that there are hardly any new posts over there over the past 3 weeks coz all the posters are here.

we own all your base.
Not really. In terms of new posts they have been giving us a right good kicking since the new regime took over. Not quality, in my opinion, but quantity (although we need to up our game with higher quality content too). And they blow us out of the water with page views, as you would expect with a 10 year-old, well-establish forum vs. a 4 month-old newcomer. But it's interesting to see them on the back-foot in terms of innovation. They (or their posters who made their new forum section suggestions) look to CEO for new ideas. :thumb:
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Quality content is difficult to come by - that's true for both boards at this time. Things have dramatically changed in Cambodia over the past years.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Soi Dog wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:My random observation is that there are hardly any new posts over there over the past 3 weeks coz all the posters are here.

we own all your base.
Not really. In terms of new posts they have been giving us a right good kicking since the new regime took over. Not quality, in my opinion, but quantity (although we need to up our game with higher quality content too). And they blow us out of the water with page views, as you would expect with a 10 year-old, well-establish forum vs. a 4 month-old newcomer. But it's interesting to see them on the back-foot in terms of innovation. They (or their posters who made their new forum section suggestions) look to CEO for new ideas. :thumb:
:please:
what innovations?
"Look to CEO for new ideas"
BULLSHIT.

teak door has a separate section for Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma-Vietnam-Nepal-, laos & Cambodia, ( GT riders has a laos, Burma, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia & Malaysia) and even Thai visa has a Cambodia/ Burma section

IN my eyes there is just so much u can do with Cambodia ( which is really only Phnom Phen an Siem Rep with shv thrown in every month or so) and 2 forums covering the same ground is really pushing it
so its just common sense to open sections to other countries.

K44 has had a "not Cambodia" section forever PLUS a "travel" subsection.

without the 2 of us on CEO, there would not be a thai subsection or if there was it would be empty

look at how many threads are the same on both forums by the same posters.

To SURVIVE BOTH forums will need to expand an think outside the box, so far i don't see either forum doing that
Last edited by phuketrichard on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic