Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by Duncan »

People should learn to save themselves before they try to save others. It's only then that you can throw a lifeline to those that are drowning.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote:People should learn to save themselves before they try to save others. It's only then that you can throw a lifeline to those that are drowning.
Perfectly said

I was actually seriously considering donating some money when I originally heard about Ellis.

Then I read her post on Facebook where she said people back home are stingy and she hopes they all get burgled over Christmas.

At that point I was out.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Bigred wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am Yes I’m emotionally driven by the fact that it’s disgusting to see naked kids everywhere I’m sick of explaining myself this is disgusting.
There's nothing disgusting about little kids running around naked. We're all born that way. They don't care. The other kids don't care. The local adults don't bat an eyelid. But you seem to have a problem with it. Maybe not everything is about you?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I do think some of the member's posts here, while well intentioned, would be looking rather condescending by now to someone that's made up her mind that she can do no bad and forum members are the enemy. Not surprising I guess with all the criticism she's faced here. If we were to try to put ourselves in her shoes though, would we not come up with the same reaction whether it is true or not?

On the other hand, I do think she has knowingly or unknowingly invited criticism as a result of posting provocative pics and comments on Facebook. Whether that be inappropriate clothes, swearing, inference of drugs, drinking/smoking, telling people to f-off etc. I dunno why she is doing this..there are suggestions of attention seeking, money raising, showing she is making a difference in the world, getting back at society, overcoming her past etc etc.
Bigred wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am Yes I’m emotionally driven by the fact that it’s disgusting to see naked kids everywhere I’m sick of explaining myself this is disgusting. I feel sick when I see kids undressed
What's the big deal with seeing naked kids (rather, babies) in Cambodia? You see them in the cities, villages in the countryside all over the place in Asia. And most are not street kids. Heck, I've seen that at western beach places too.. Have you traveled much around Asia coz I think you have your western hat on?
Bigred wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am please stop trying to follow everything I do I’m finding it really personally creepy now I’ve said many times I’ve had many messages and emails and it makes me feel unsafe. I have tried and tried to explain now it’s time to stop ur shit and leave me to it. Sharing my persona photos like weirdos I’ve got kids of my own is why I have deleted my fb u people are scary.
Well, as I said above you have been posting provocatively with daily updates on Facebook which is in the public domain. That is going to draw good and bad reactions..from not only friends but people you don't know. Good to see you've come to realise that some of the pictures and language you've used could be seen by your family members..albeit belatedly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 pm
Duncan wrote:People should learn to save themselves before they try to save others. It's only then that you can throw a lifeline to those that are drowning.
Perfectly said

I was actually seriously considering donating some money when I originally heard about Ellis.

Then I read her post on Facebook where she said people back home are stingy and she hopes they all get burgled over Christmas.

At that point I was out.

Why not adopt a single parent family with kids .There are plenty of barang living in villages that could put you in touch with a family where there are kids that would benefit from a decent education and the disapline that you could give when you visit them. Then there is the advantage of them being able to practice their English with you and learn things that schools don't teach kids.
Certainly beats handing over money to someone who spends it how they want to spend it.

Rozz you have met one of my girls that I raised from the age of five and you can meet another two there tonight and then tell me if I am wrong.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You’re not wrong Duncan.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 pm
Bigred wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am Yes I’m emotionally driven by the fact that it’s disgusting to see naked kids everywhere I’m sick of explaining myself this is disgusting.
There's nothing disgusting about little kids running around naked. We're all born that way. They don't care. The other kids don't care. The local adults don't bat an eyelid. But you seem to have a problem with it. Maybe not everything is about you?
Besides anything there aren't naked kids running around everywhere. It's not all that unusual to see naked toddlers near their homes, it's a hot country and it's hardly surprising that kids like running around with as little on as possible. I think that like many visitors or even some people who have been here for relatively long periods she is judging the whole country because of a very small part of the capital that attracts beggars and bleeding hearts.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Well, in the tropics actually there is.
While it may seem convenient at first glance kids running around naked (and thus bare foot) are an easy victim for all kinds of parasites. Not recommended.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm
While it may seem convenient at first glance kids running around naked (and thus bare foot) are an easy victim for all kinds of parasites. Not recommended.
There's nothing disgusting about little kids running around naked.

HUH:
it is not even close to disgusting>>>> pissing on the streets is much more disgusting
go to ANYWHERE poor and u will see kids naked.
go to any beach, ( where there are westerners) and u will see western kids naked
its not a big deal, till someone makes it one

Do agree foot ware is nice to have in many places, ( especially Africa) but kids often just walk off without them on.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm Well, in the tropics actually there is.
That then suggests that the focus is on the wrong issue, and the message is getting lost in translation. Fixating on clothing/lack of, while actually being concerned with hygiene/health education?

In an environment where general education is inconsistent and even completely absent, giving a kid a t-shirt is hardly going to inform the mother of your concerns for parasites that they’ve lived with in this way for generations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic