Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by fax »

Surely you need more people as well. I mean, board of directors type of stuff. If it was easy everyone would do it for tax avoidance. Barbie with an unpaid hairdo who needs to fake boob injuries to extract pocket change for smokes just won't make the cut.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yes, absolutely
gifts are still tax free with no formalities other than reporting
gofundme does not care
the lady has not asked for donations though as far as I know?
anything she has given appears to be from her personal funds- which speaks rather well of her intent
her judgement and PR may be lacking, but i see no ill intent at all
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

She's said in several videos that she's collecting funds from family and friends. One of her problems with being banned from Facebook was she could no longer do these updates for the donors and potentials.

A theory is she's doing this to increase the access to cash. She has money but the government is drip feeding it to her. So she's resorting to extreme measures to get money out. Fake boob explosions, fake charities, it's a solid theory... Teaching salaries suck and what else is she going to do, go back to a town with a history of abusing her? She can't get other work here. Just listen to how she speaks, if I stop smoking maybe I can afford $200.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Assuming she has a monthly spending limit. If she suddenly has an increase of small transactions she can lie and say she needs to rely on money from friends to get by. All she has to do to keep those small transactions coming is show the donor where the money went. Easy enough, $200 here $300 there. She then has a record showing these expenses and she can fabricate stories for why that is manipulating her caretakers into increasing her monthly spending limit.

Additionally the people she bring to clinics will undoubtedly share their medical records with her. It gives her a good opportunity to be strategically sick on paper using other peoples records, again manipulating her caretakers to increase her monthly spending limit.

A lot of small money coming in makes it look like she does not have enough per month and she probably hopes for that to change in her favor. I don't have any evidence other than what we have observed in this thread obviously.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

fax wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 am Surely you need more people as well. I mean, board of directors type of stuff. If it was easy everyone would do it for tax avoidance. Barbie with an unpaid hairdo who needs to fake boob injuries to extract pocket change for smokes just won't make the cut.
You also have to master the art of subtle self-promotion.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i am prepared to give her a slight benefit of doubt, while acknowledging the verity of the statements above
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I think if she cleaned up her act a bit she would come across much better, old habits are hard to shake and all that, I'm certain it's hard work trying to save the world one kid at a time, hopefully it pays off and makes the lives of those she's trying to help better.

That said sometimes we need to look at ourselves and see how we present to others, it's all good having an I don't care what people think attitude however if you're involved in something that people do care about then you're always going to get scrutinized, more so if you're displaying overtly negative things from time to time. Quell those demons and I'm sure you'll find much more support for your cause.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Bigred
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Bigred »

What I have done is cover up children and feed families. Then given a couple of families th tools to be self sufficient off the street side? What is so wrong with that. Oxfsm say it will take 60 billion a year to end poverty but here’s only 1.6 billion in poverty and it cost me about 700 per family or somert in the end. Yes I’m emotionally driven by the fact that it’s disgusting to see naked kids everywhere I’m sick of explaining myself this is disgusting. Ur a bunch of dicheads like I say the wheels r in motion I will be doing whatever I do where I do it and it won’t affect ur perfect life’s so instead of waking round here like urfukikg gods just ignoring people lead by the road. 😭😟 not me anyway. please stop trying to follow everything I do I’m finding it really personally creepy now I’ve said many times I’ve had many messages and emails and it makes me feel unsafe. not only the woman who the police and family want to talk to I have emailed ur site directly with no response, I don’t need to promote this journey anymore as I don’t need fundraise it was just a memory thing that people ruined. It’s cool the bonds I’ll have for life. Ur evil people with a warped perception on life when in fact majority of u live in some form of poverty aswel. Fuk it I am absolutely done is hardly slept for Ike 10 days working hard with these families I have tried and tried to explain now it’s time to stop ur shit and leave me to it. Sharing my persona photos like weirdos I’ve got kids of my own is why I have deleted my fb u people are scary. 😂 and if u actually met me when im not ten to dozen u would see I literally love these people I hurt for them I feel sick when I see kids undressed and sick I just try help I had a bad time and someone helped me once n that’s all there is to it. Evil fukers would watch people die
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Bigred wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am What I have done is cover up children and feed families. Then given a couple of families th tools to be self sufficient off the street side? What is so wrong with that. Oxfsm say it will take 60 billion a year to end poverty but here’s only 1.6 billion in poverty and it cost me about 700 per family or somert in the end. Yes I’m emotionally driven by the fact that it’s disgusting to see naked kids everywhere I’m sick of explaining myself this is disgusting. Ur a bunch of dicheads like I say the wheels r in motion I will be doing whatever I do where I do it and it won’t affect ur perfect life’s so instead of waking round here like urfukikg gods just ignoring people lead by the road. 😭😟 not me anyway. please stop trying to follow everything I do I’m finding it really personally creepy now I’ve said many times I’ve had many messages and emails and it makes me feel unsafe. not only the woman who the police and family want to talk to I have emailed ur site directly with no response, I don’t need to promote this journey anymore as I don’t need fundraise it was just a memory thing that people ruined. It’s cool the bonds I’ll have for life. Ur evil people with a warped perception on life when in fact majority of u live in some form of poverty aswel. Fuk it I am absolutely done is hardly slept for Ike 10 days working hard with these families I have tried and tried to explain now it’s time to stop ur shit and leave me to it. Sharing my persona photos like weirdos I’ve got kids of my own is why I have deleted my fb u people are scary. 😂 and if u actually met me when im not ten to dozen u would see I literally love these people I hurt for them I feel sick when I see kids undressed and sick I just try help I had a bad time and someone helped me once n that’s all there is to it. Evil fukers would watch people die
Just keep helping who you can help.

I agree an almost 60 page thread on a forum about an individual is a bit much for the person in question to have to look at when in all fairness it does seem like her heart is in the right place.

I wish you all the best in your journey to helping those less fortunate.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Phnom Pen Company
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Phnom Pen Company »

hardly slept for Ike 10 days working hard with these families
That can be a sign of mania. I used to work at a "Crisis Stabilization Unit." It was a facility using the "Baker Act" in FL. I think in the UK it is called section 2 or 3. Your online persona really gives me throwbacks to those patients. Look at it this way, being out on the street pissed/have some emotional luggage is maybe putting you at 40% of your potential.

Take a deep breath, and try to look at the criticisms from the outside.

Get yourself sorted out. You're nearly my age, hitting 30 soon, and are should try to address some of your personal problems so that you can actually give your 100%. I think we all agree you have a big heart, but (I hope this does not sound offensive) you need to try to get your emotions stabilized and your English should sound more professional if you are doing a humanitarian mission instead of treating it like a 3am snapchat post. Whether it be therapy/medication or somehow finding a way to healthily cope with your past. You need to be at 100% if you are going to be helping those that are in need. Otherwise, some percentage of your problems are going to be put on them whether you notice it or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic