Are there still cheap rooms available in Sihanoukville?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
davegorman
Expatriate
France

Re: Are there still cheap rooms available in Sihanoukville?

Post by davegorman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:03 pm

LaudJohn wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:28 pm
davegorman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm
LaudJohn wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm
davegorman wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm
LaudJohn wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

I have heard of $300 per sqm asking prices, but no confirmed sales. Different parts attract different prices.

I will be very happy if it gets to $400 sqm in the next year.
Why would you be happy?
$$$$$$

I bought a couple of blocks up there a while ago.
Capitalist!

Have you thought about the poor locals who couldn’t afford to buy it (even when it was $2 per sq) and are now being made homeless because their squatting area has been sold?
How is my not buying something at a market price going to help them? If I did not buy plenty others would. I do not set the prices, I am bound by market forces.
I was joking.
It’s what people say on FB to people (like you and me) who’s invested their money wisely.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic