Buying antibiotics in Cambodia (Suprax)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Buying antibiotics in Cambodia (Suprax)

Post by Apexisto »

Hi, how easy is to buy antibiotics in Cambodia. I really need to buy Suprax but I wonder do I need a prescription or can I go straight to a pharmacy to get one.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Buying antibiotics in Cambodia (Suprax)

Post by frank lee bent »

you do not need a prescription
pharmacy de la gare has a wide selection of medicines
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

As does the Australian run Pharmacy on 110 its about 50 metres from Larrys on the left hand side of the road heading towards the old market
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Best ask for cefixime rather than the proprietary name
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

YeP wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 am As does the Australian run Pharmacy on 110 its about 50 metres from Larrys on the left hand side of the road heading towards the old market
I popped in there to buy some antibiotics for a friend. I was very pleasantly surprised at this place and the level of knowledge and the prices were fine.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

YeP wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:12 am As does the Australian run Pharmacy on 110 its about 50 metres from Larrys on the left hand side of the road heading towards the old market
Street 110? Next to the airport according to Google Maps?
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

On the other hand Google maps says there’s another street 110 A a few kilometers from the airport. Wtf Cambodia why streets so unclear.
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Apexisto wrote:On the other hand Google maps says there’s another street 110 A a few kilometers from the airport. Wtf Cambodia why streets so unclear.
Here...

Victoria Pharmacy
#34-36, St. 110 (Preah Ang Duong), Sangkat Phsar Kandal 1, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh 12200
076 366 6395
https://maps.app.goo.gl/F9vPe

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

They don't even recommend this for gonorrhea any more.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

2015 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines

Recommended Regimen

Ceftriaxone 250 mg IM in a single dose
PLUS Azithromycin 1g orally in a single dose

Alternative Regimens
If ceftriaxone is not available:

Cefixime 400 mg orally in a single dose
PLUS Azithromycin 1 g orally in a single dose

A 400-mg oral dose of cefixime should only be considered as an alternative cephalosporin regimen because it does not provide as high, nor as sustained, bactericidal blood levels as a 250-mg dose of ceftriaxone; further, it demonstrates limited efficacy for treatment of pharyngeal gonorrhea (92.3% cure; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 74.9%–99.1%); in older clinical studies, cefixime cured 97.5% of uncomplicated urogenital and anorectal gonococcal infections (95% CI = 95.4%–99.8%) (566,567). The increase in the prevalence of isolates obtained through GISP with elevated cefixime MICs might indicate early stages of development of clinically significant gonococcal resistance to cephalosporins. CDC anticipates that rising cefixime MICs soon will result in declining effectiveness of cefixime for the treatment of urogenital gonorrhea. https://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/gonorrhea.htm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic