Deaf & Mute Bartender Beaten To Death by Foreigner Who Flees The Scene in Da Nang, Vietnam

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Deaf & Mute Bartender Beaten To Death by Foreigner Who Flees The Scene in Da Nang, Vietnam

Post by Cam Nivag »

whoru90 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:43 pm

I think he is English, if this is him.
Looks like him, can't tell for sure. He mentioned a few days ago that he had plans to leave Vietnam for China.

https://www.facebook.com/bogchibata

In fact, he posted on FB less than an hour ago that he's leaving for China tomorrow. He's not acting like a man being manhunted.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Deaf & Mute Bartender Beaten To Death by Foreigner Who Flees The Scene in Da Nang, Vietnam

Post by Cam Nivag »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:58 pm The guy in the vid doesn't have the earring.
He also doesn't have the black necklace thing as far as I can tell.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Mrs Stroppy and I met this guy when he was a kid at Bread of Life, and it's sad to think his life ended like this. Unless he changed dramatically since then, killing him would be like drowning kittens in a sack. What a fkd up world.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Username Taken wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:58 pm The guy in the vid doesn't have the earring.
He also doesn't have the black necklace thing as far as I can tell.
And the glove probably doesn't fit either to be fair. Not guilty. :stir:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

And the guy in the picture looks way more "stacked" than the guy in the vid. I'm not sure it's the same guy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

It seems odd that he was able to flee the scene. A fight in public on NYE usually draws a crowd that can quickly become a mob.

The local news report on this tragedy:

Da Nang police probing death of deaf, mute man, allegedly linked to foreigner
https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/201 ... 48428.html
Police in the central Vietnamese city of Da Nang confirmed to Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Sunday that they are investigating the death of a deaf and mute man who had been reported being beaten by a foreigner this week.

Da Nang police units are carrying out their investigation, Colonel Tran Phuoc, chief of Hai Chau District police, said.

Regarding the purported involvement of the foreigner, Col. Chan said police would announce whether it was true when they finish their probe, without elaborating.

The death of Le Ngoc Chan, the 36-year-old man in question, has gone viral on Facebook, with thousands of shares and demands that whoever killed the man be brought to justice.

Reports said that multiple people from Golden Pine Pub and Simple Man Pub on Bach Dang Street, Hai Chau District were involved in a fight in the small hours of January 1.

Chan, who was deaf and mute and working for Golden Pine, was injured and taken to the hospital for emergency treatment.

He hailed from Dai Loc District, located in the central province of Quang Nam.

Chan passed away at the hospital on January 5, survived by his pregnant wife and their child.

Initial information showed that Chan was repeatedly beaten in the head by the foreigner during the fight.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Got to say i thought Travis came across very well :please:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Deep, the guy must surely have been caught by now? Although that said I guess it's easy enough to jump on a bus and be off
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

bar fights can get ugly... especially new year's eve..
i saw a lot of damage done with beer mugs and pitchers...
since, the guy died days later, anybody involved had plenty of time to get out of dodge....
the people involved would not even know the guy was in the hospital..
best to stay out if bars at late hours ....
certainly not the first time a guy got nailed trying to defend some chick...poor guy...
i am sure all you columbos will track the villain down...
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 am It seems odd that he was able to flee the scene. A fight in public on NYE usually draws a crowd that can quickly become a mob.

The local news report on this tragedy:

Da Nang police probing death of deaf, mute man, allegedly linked to foreigner
https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/society/201 ... 48428.html
...Regarding the purported involvement of the foreigner, Col. Chan said police would announce whether it was true when they finish their probe, without elaborating.
That's a decent beating, judging by the blood. I think there's a good chance he's under guard in hospital. The cop doesn't want to say it because it's gone viral and it could incite the angry mob.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic