Melbourne to Phnom Penh $286 Return

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Melbourne to Phnom Penh $286 Return

Post by John Bingham »

This is all bad news, the last thing we need is for more bogans like BKKTrapper coming here and complaining that it doesn't quite measure up to their expectations.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

On AA site it has total $402 return for mid to end Feb as well. Still need to add taxes though.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Oops.

It's Feb, not April.

Air Asia, direct on the website.

No taxes just a booking fee.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Careful who your booking with

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/bestjet-com.html
I don't really understand how these booking agent sites exist. Why wouldn't you just use whatever "scanner" site to see which airline has the cheapest fares on the day- and then go to that airlines site to buy tickets= safer, and often a more straightforward booking site.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

bittermelon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:55 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Careful who your booking with

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/bestjet-com.html
I don't really understand how these booking agent sites exist. Why wouldn't you just use whatever "scanner" site to see which airline has the cheapest fares on the day- and then go to that airlines site to buy tickets= safer, and often a more straightforward booking site.
Because they had good deals
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

^^Do they?- maybe they do. Look at the sites often but only go to the airlines own site when I'm actually buying. But every time i have the price is the same or a few$ less.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I was using adioso.com to find a fare once, originally they would hand you off to the airline to complete the booking (which was great) but later started to use aggregators. So as I was part way through booking a flight having been handed off to "Cheap-o-air" the latter called me to tell me the fare I was booking was not available but they had some more expensive ones. What a scam.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic