Cancer Marker Screening

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Cancer Marker Screening

Post by TheWarrior »

Anybody knows where to do Cancer Marker Screening in Siem Reap (If not Phnom Penh). Whats the price range and what is the procedure ? I heard that they just take blood and do analysis for the screening is it correct?
Thanks
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cancer Marker Screening

Post by Pizzalover »

If you have to go to PP, in that case go directly to Thailand. Cheaper and better. If you have the money, private hospitals will do but they will rape your wallet. The private hospitals in PP and SR usually belong to the same major Thai group Bangkok hospitals.

Perhaps a better approach would be:
Phisanulok hospital in North-Central Thailand. One of the very best and most modern. There are also very good public hospitals in BKK. Another one might be the Sattahip (just south of pattaya) military hospital. Many of the latter's staff work part time at the overpriced private hospitals in Pattaya.

My first choice would be Phisanulok because I m not sure about BKK hospitals.

So my advice would be to go on a Thai forum, like Thaivisa, and ask there. Much larger expats community and a good chance that someone went through this process which you might be facing.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

TheWarrior wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:56 pm Anybody knows where to do Cancer Marker Screening in Siem Reap (If not Phnom Penh). Whats the price range and what is the procedure ? I heard that they just take blood and do analysis for the screening is it correct?
Thanks
So I think you are referring to a CEA (Carcinoembryonic Antigen) blood test. It was explained to me that cancers give off proteins and this tests the amount of protein in the blood. An elevated level could be an indicator of cancer.

I googled CEA test in Phnom Penh and found this: http://www.chorayphnompenhhospital.com. ... 46&lang=en It's listed as test #172 costing $8.

I couldn't find anything on the web in Siem Reap but I guess you could ask around at the clinics/hospitals there. I tend to think there's probably more places that could do it in PP too albeit not coming up on google.
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 pm
TheWarrior wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:56 pm Anybody knows where to do Cancer Marker Screening in Siem Reap (If not Phnom Penh). Whats the price range and what is the procedure ? I heard that they just take blood and do analysis for the screening is it correct?
Thanks
So I think you are referring to a CEA (Carcinoembryonic Antigen) blood test. It was explained to me that cancers give off proteins and this tests the amount of protein in the blood. An elevated level could be an indicator of cancer.

I googled CEA test in Phnom Penh and found this: http://www.chorayphnompenhhospital.com. ... 46&lang=en It's listed as test #172 costing $8.

I couldn't find anything on the web in Siem Reap but I guess you could ask around at the clinics/hospitals there. I tend to think there's probably more places that could do it in PP too albeit not coming up on google.
Thanks. I already did it. It cost me 15 usd per test and they ship it to Phnom Penh. Results after 3 days.
into-the-wind
Tourist

Post by into-the-wind »

Since there is no cure for cancer. Why would you want to know? I could take 20 years to effect you and you'll be hit a bus before then.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

into-the-wind wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 am Since there is no cure for cancer. Why would you want to know? I could take 20 years to effect you and you'll be hit a bus before then.
Welcome to the forum!

I gotta say tho....I think you're peeing-into-the-wind on this one :wave:

Wrong on all counts coz I'm living proof after 12 years. :hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic