Long distance private taxi prices.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Long distance private taxi prices.

Post by Element6 »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 am We take a private taxi. We took a share taxi once and it was bloody scary! Four people in the front, two of them in the driver’s seat! We swore never again.
I had that once and agree never again. To add to the adventure there was a pistol holster with bullets on the parcel shelf although no sign of the gun and an army of hanging off the back of the seat. I photographed it and sent it to someone just in case....

I thought it was a thing of the past until I overtook a car on the way down to kep only to see 2 people in the drivers seat as they weaved down the road
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville to Kep is quoted at $45 here. Last price update was 23 October 2018.
post304491.html#p304491

Taxi thread: the-road/cambodia-taxi-information-t15524.html

Mea culpa. Edited to correct: The $45 trip quoted is from Sihanoukville to Kep, not from Phnom Penh.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 am Private taxi to SNV from PP costs us $50 one way.

PP to SR costs us $80.

We took a taxi to Preah Vihear from PP - it cost $250 return and we gave the driver something extra for two nights’ accommodation. The cost included driving to the temple as well.
$80 to Siem Reap seems quite a lot. Is that the going rate these days?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

cautious colin wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 am Private taxi to SNV from PP costs us $50 one way.

PP to SR costs us $80.

We took a taxi to Preah Vihear from PP - it cost $250 return and we gave the driver something extra for two nights’ accommodation. The cost included driving to the temple as well.
$80 to Siem Reap seems quite a lot. Is that the going rate these days?
Yes.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

explorer wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:59 am I am interested to know, how many people get a taxi on their own, as opposed to traveling with a taxi full of people?

If it is full, everybody shares the cost, so it is cheap for each person.
Since I opened my holiday rental in Kep recently I noticed that all guests, who didn't come here with their own car, used a private taxi to travel here and go back. Even though I offer a free pickup from the bus arrival.

@rogerrabbit thanks for the camboticket.com tip, didn't know about that one.
just noise, white noise
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

FYI:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:21 pm FYI:
True that $45 from Kep to PP can be found. IF you're lucky and book plenty in advance. I tried getting a taxi for one of my guests recently, all the usual ones I use were booked already. Called (not exaggerating) +20 taxi drivers that day to get a price close to that. None would do it for less than $70. My reward was a bad review.
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

whiteribbon wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:21 pm FYI:
True that $45 from Kep to PP can be found. IF you're lucky and book plenty in advance. I tried getting a taxi for one of my guests recently, all the usual ones I use were booked already. Called (not exaggerating) +20 taxi drivers that day to get a price close to that. None would do it for less than $70. My reward was a bad review.
In the case you cannot use your usual trustful driver, why not using an driver agency I think they have better connection and they can do a bit more pressure on the driver to do for a right price, but service level is not always great.
If you need I can give you the detail of a driver in PP doing Kep for 45 usd or a used agency "for emergency case"
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

@OP PP to Kep is $50 here: post313558.html#p313558

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

sometimes depends if your driver has come from kep and has not got a return fare and doesnt want to stay over, then he will go cheap. Sometimes they will go cheaper early becasue that gives them time to find a return fare. Luck of the draw
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic