How's your weight?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: How's your weight?

Post by Spigzy »

Nail on the head right there - you have to enjoy the exercise, else it is a fad and not a lifestyle choice which is the key to maintaining a healthy body. I personally hate running, cycling, swimming and pretty much any type of other cardio you can think of, bar one. However, I enjoy weightlifting, and not just curls for the girls, but the proper stuff - deadlifts, squats, pull ups. I can thoroughly recommend it, and if you bring the right intensity to those work outs with weights, you'll burn a heck of a lot more than jogging. 42yo, 6ft, 82kg @ 12% bf - I'm in better shape since moving here; access to fresh coconuts & proper food instead of junk food tendencies back home; I'm the same weight pretty much, but composition entirely different.

That said, the prime mechanism for weight loss is nothing to do with exercise, or diet (which are more important for maintenance) - cold water immersion is your #1 friend. Ideal to shift a few of those mince pies.

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 pm cold water immersion is your #1 friend. Ideal to shift a few of those mince pies.

That explains all those stick thin seals n sea lions i see on tv :facepalm:

Guy in the video is nothing but a snake oil seller. Only its seminars instead of bottles.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 pmThat said, the prime mechanism for weight loss is nothing to do with exercise, or diet (which are more important for maintenance) - cold water immersion is your #1 friend. Ideal to shift a few of those mince pies.
Sounds like utter bullshit to me. This has been around for years and there is absolutely no science to back it up. Sure, you will burn calories when slowly freezing to death, but your body will also want a lot more fuel. Everybody is looking for these quick fixes, there just aren't any.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

eat well, what ever u want, in moderation
exercise regularly
thats the key

There is no magic "way"

But as u age, ( 60+) ur metabolism slows down, so you put on weight even if u eat less, ( for most people)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

How's your weight?

Post by rozzieoz »

I’ve lost weight since moving to PP - I decided a year ago to reduce my sugar and carbs intake and I’ve lost 17cm around my waist in that time.

I live in apartment with 80 stairs and I dance at Oscar’s a couple of nights a week. That’s my exercise. :)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:45 pm I’ve lost weight since moving to PP - I decided a year ago to reduce my sugar and carbs intake and I’ve lost 17cm around my waist in that time.

I live in apartment with 80 stairs and I dance at Oscar’s a couple of nights a week. That’s my exercise. :)

Not too bad a bod, you would still put a few younger girls to shame.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Found a great way to lose weight: get a parovirus, spend two days on the crapper, and lose 5 kilos......
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:45 pm I’ve lost weight since moving to PP - I decided a year ago to reduce my sugar and carbs intake and I’ve lost 17cm around my waist in that time.

Without being too rude, forgive me, did you lose funbags size? Is that why you were searching for brassieres?

I often hear the “What’s the point in exercise? You could get hit by a bus or fall down with a heart attack anytime?” Whilst they cradle their 50c beer and $1 cigarettes.

I walk. That’s anout it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic