Man Dies After Attempted Stowaway on Siem Reap Plane

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Man Dies After Attempted Stowaway on Siem Reap Plane

Post by Freightdog »

sklmeera wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:34 pm It would be a surprise if it was a proper country like Malaysia or Japan , but someone getting onto the runway in Cambodia is probably fairly easy .
Just as well that you didn’t mention formerly proper countries like

France. Nantes... :facepalm:
Uk. London city.... :facepalm: :facepalm:

There’s plenty of places world wide that fail the test. I’m sure we don’t need to look down our noses at them
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Captain wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm Sorry, but you have the sequence of events bass ackwards. Correct you raise the landing gear after takeoff. Incorrect that you open gear compartment doors for it to go inside. The doors are already open, the gear retracts, and the doors close.
I’m not so sure that that’s entirely the case with the A320, but that being a bit geeky...
Ricky Dunn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ricky Dunn »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 pm
Captain wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm Sorry, but you have the sequence of events bass ackwards. Correct you raise the landing gear after takeoff. Incorrect that you open gear compartment doors for it to go inside. The doors are already open, the gear retracts, and the doors close.
I’m not so sure that that’s entirely the case with the A320, but that being a bit geeky...
No, the gear doors are closed when the gear is up or down - when the gear up or down is initiated they open and then close.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Christ, I have trouble locking and unlocking airplane bathrooms sometimes, or finding the weird 'flush' button, and you guys know in which order the landing gear operates.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 pm Christ, I have trouble locking and unlocking airplane bathrooms sometimes, or finding the weird 'flush' button, and you guys know in which order the landing gear operates.

Fess up. This was really you, right ? ;-)

Man sparks panic on India flight after confusing rear door of plane with toilet
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 54001.html
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 pm Christ, I have trouble locking and unlocking airplane bathrooms sometimes, or finding the weird 'flush' button, and you guys know in which order the landing gear operates.
I have had traumatized crew come up front, describing the moment they opened the toilet door to find all manner of nasty views where a passenger managed to fail to lock the door...
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

quite recently there was a uk news article about an african chap who had used this method to hitch a lift into the uk from an african airport.

regardless of how landing gears work, he made the flight and withstood the severe cold and survived.

im normally not a huge immigrant fan, but thats the sort of immigrant we want.. give him a passport and a job.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Wow, arrogance son frontiers, you better read that manual on the 727 nose gear againn. Have met the stowaway we dropped?Given your medica eval? His.neighbors did not think he was medically ill. What kind of a bicycle have u been steering? Getting sick of posting anything on here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Whatever about the technicalities, I think we can all agree that stowing away in a space in some landing gear is fucking nuts, or just extremely desperate. Besides the hazard of getting crushed to death by machinery I believe it gets rather cold and hard to breathe at 40,000 feet.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:09 am Whatever about the technicalities, I think we can all agree that stowing away in a space in some landing gear is fucking nuts, or just extremely desperate. Besides the hazard of getting crushed to death by machinery I believe it gets rather cold and hard to breathe at 40,000 feet.
[/quote correct, and yet people have made it. One came in to Miami on a DC 8 from Bogota in the mid nineties. Our flights within Angola were very short. And our beat up airplanes had a hard time getting up to 30000 feet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic