Filipino Family Moves to Cambodia & Although Challenging, Consider it to be the Most Family Friendly Country

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Filipino Family Moves to Cambodia & Although Challenging, Consider it to be the Most Family Friendly Country

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This Filipino family discovers Cambodia as the most family-friendly country.

When Camille and Borky Perida had their baby Gabriel Serif in 2009, the college sweethearts had to rethink their future.

“We lived in Malolos, Bulacan, and were both working in Manila," Camille, a marketing professional at a publishing company, began.

"Every day, we had to travel for about 2-3 hours to get to the office. We had no time for our son because he would still be sleeping when we leave in the morning, and already asleep when we get home.

"Renting a house near our workplace was not an option because we did not want our son to grow up in a polluted and congested place."

Camille and Borky never thought about leaving the country, but an opportunity presented for them.

Borky, an art director, was offered a higher pay in Cambodia, and they decided to give a shot...

...If you're one to watch your diet, there's plenty of choices, too. Khmer food is not only delicious, but it's also healthy. "Most of the food here is served with vegetables--even street food. When you order a 1-piece chicken meal at KFC, it comes with pickled vegetables and egg."

Read more at https://www.smartparenting.com.ph/paren ... kT8bgt2.99
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Filipino Family Moves to Cambodia & Although Challenging, Consider it to be the Most Family Friendly Country

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yep, no Jollibee here.....
Spoiler:
Borky?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Filipino Family Moves to Cambodia & Although Challenging, Consider it to be the Most Family Friendly Country

Post by IraHayes »

It’s nice to see Mr Potato head from Toy Story doing well for himself.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

During my first and only visit to Cambodia (PP) so far I was warned countless times to be aware of snatch thieves and also for my safety. Now I know these warnings are exaggerated and uncalled for since Cambodia is a Family Friendly country. Next time I come I shall not be so uptight as my first.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

When the interviewer asks you about 'healthy Khmer food options' in Cambodia and you mention that KFC comes with pickled vegetables, you're doing it wrong, Borky. :facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I'd marry a Filipina just so I could have a decent feed of

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... fr=yfp-t-s
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:07 pm I'd marry a Filipina just so I could have a decent feed of

But not balut right?

cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:12 pm
Duncan wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:07 pm I'd marry a Filipina just so I could have a decent feed of

But not balut right?

They even do that better in Cambodia

IMO Philippines has by far the worst food in SEA, even adobo is very hit and miss
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Cambodian style...

lidsville
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by lidsville »

Despite the 79% on this board I loathe, I am back in the mix for a possible retirement in Sihanoukville. It's whether I come there with a srey in tow or solo. Solo is looking more like the road I'm going to take, and probably for the better. I'm sure I can find a nice lady friend to settle down with. I"m not looking for soapy bars or 24 yo's. Half my age + 6 years. Totally fair.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic