Just love Cambodian Bureaucracy

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Just love Cambodian Bureaucracy

Post by SlowJoe »

I just picked up a new bike in PP and the entire registration card is incorrect. Make, model, year, and my name (put Joseph as my last name). And whats with these flimsy paper cards now? They look terrible.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

newkidontheblock wrote:Missus took it up with a minister today. He said that it was their mistake, and will be fixed, gratis.

Also, the late King father issued a decree stating that no Taiwanese may marry a Cambodian. New king has not rescinded the decree. Hence, China as birthplace listed.
I thought that Cambodia only recognized Taiwan as part of China anyway....?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

SlowJoe wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:25 am I just picked up a new bike in PP and the entire registration card is incorrect. Make, model, year, and my name (put Joseph as my last name). And whats with these flimsy paper cards now? They look terrible.
I suggest getting it corrected.

They might be planning to steal it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

I think you overestimate the ambitions of cambodian bureaucrats.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

And the chance there's a Cambodian named 'Joseph' working there's quite small.

Or do you think the planned the sale ahead as well?
Hernández
Tourist
Mexico

Post by Hernández »

The paper cards for driving licence and also those vehicle cards are cost saving absolutely a wrong wrong choice because in this country you need very hard proof with everything so making those cards that anyone can print is really a mistake.

But the most people go to a copy shop and they will plastify it for you for 2000 riel or so. just check the quality of the plastic first before you let them handle it..

I have done it with my driving licence and it came out well!

Also if you have a mistake in your vehicle card please try to let them correct it because they will make trouble when selling your vehicle or crossing a border!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Hernández wrote:The paper cards for driving licence and also those vehicle cards are cost saving absolutely a wrong wrong choice because in this country you need very hard proof with everything so making those cards that anyone can print is really a mistake.

But the most people go to a copy shop and they will plastify it for you for 2000 riel or so. just check the quality of the plastic first before you let them handle it..

I have done it with my driving licence and it came out well!

Also if you have a mistake in your vehicle card please try to let them correct it because they will make trouble when selling your vehicle or crossing a border!
I think it's a much better system than existed previously. The QR codes on licenses, reg cards and plates redirects to a ministry website listing the information printed on the card/plate, making it very simple to verify if it's legitimate.

The land management crew are now doing the same for hard titles, making it much simpler to verify the authenticity of a title.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

Nkotb- my and mine have had our application approved from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and We have that document now. The guy there told me our next step is to take everything to the Ministry of Interior.

At what point in the marriage process must everything be translated? I
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

bvanfossen wrote:Nkotb- my and mine have had our application approved from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and We have that document now. The guy there told me our next step is to take everything to the Ministry of Interior.

At what point in the marriage process must everything be translated? I
Nothing will be needed to translate for marriage process. The document need to be just for sponsorship to live in other country. Anyway If it is difficult for your marriage process, Nkotb May suggest someone to help you. You will need to spend some money but it won’t wast your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:44 pm Missus took it up with a minister today. He said that it was their mistake, and will be fixed, gratis.

Also, the late King father issued a decree stating that no Taiwanese may marry a Cambodian. New king has not rescinded the decree. Hence, China as birthplace listed.
Taiwan is a province of China. :stir: (*shots fired*)
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic