bicycle seat post -- where to find in Siem Reap?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rasputin
Expatriate
United States of America

bicycle seat post -- where to find in Siem Reap?

Post by rasputin »

My hotel provides bicycles, but the seats are much too short, even with the post fully extended.
As a side note, I've never found a city bike in Asia that's tall enough to fit a 185 cm rider like me.
I rode Mobikes and Ofo bikes in China, by the dozen. Never could get the seat high enough on any of them.
Here in Siem Reap, some bike rental places have good mountain bikes that a tall man can use.
Right now I'm staying in a hotel that has some bikes, but they're "city" bikes and too short.
I need to find a bicycle shop with a parts inventory that includes seat posts.
Tall order?
Anyway, where do y'all get bicycle parts?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: bicycle seat post -- where to find in Siem Reap?

Post by explorer »

I have always found long seat posts quickly and easily. Just go to bicycle shops and ask.

If you cant speak Khmer, it should not be too difficult to communicate in sign language. Some shops have people who speak English.

Be aware, seat posts come in different diameters, you need to get the correct one for the bike.

If you are using it on different hire bikes, I would get a seat too, so it is easy to swap.

If you are staying for some time, you could buy your own bicycle. You could buy a new mountain bike for a little over $100. I would only get one with disc brakes.

You can easily travel with a bicycle on the back of a minivan.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

edit= dopey me somehow I read Sihanoukville instesd of S R
Last edited by bittermelon on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Is there a Samadera supermarket in Siem Reap?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic