Crowdfunding the Wall

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Crowdfunding the Wall

Post by Johnsell50 »

Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

The Chicago Tribune has a paywall. Only subscribers can read the articles.
Johnsell50
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Johnsell50 »

Stinkman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 am
All I did was google it, sry. Maybe anyone outside the USA. I just clicked on the link and it took me there and I don't subscribe.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Johnsell50 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:33 am
Stinkman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 am
All I did was google it, sry. Maybe anyone outside the USA. I just clicked on the link and it took me there and I don't subscribe.
Same for me, I clicked on the link and it worked.

Commentary: The truth will set us all free
Special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation was star-crossed from the start. His friend and successor as FBI director, James Comey, by his own admission prompted the investigation — with the deliberate leaking of classified memos about his conversations with President Donald Trump to the press. etc etc
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

worked for me here in Thailand
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

Okay, nevermind. You get to read a few free articles before you get the screen I get:

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Stinkman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 am Okay, nevermind. You get to read a few free articles before you get the screen I get:

Remove the Chigago Tribune cookies from your browser. Then try again.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Stinkman wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 am Okay, nevermind. You get to read a few free articles before you get the screen I get:

It's an opinion piece by a Trump supporter. About the Russians. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Mexicans or the wall.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Behind the viral #GoFundTheWall fundraiser, a rising conservative star and a shadowy email harvesting operation
Brian Kolfage, a triple-amputee Air Force veteran, has operated fake news websites and fundraisers to build a lucrative email list.
Jan. 12, 2019
By Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins

The GoFundMe fundraiser that promised to help privately fund President Donald Trump's plan for a wall spanning the length of the U.S.-Mexico border surpassed $20 million dollars in donations this week. But the man behind it — Brian Kolfage, a rising conservative media star — may have had another goal.

Through his border-wall campaign, he claims to have gathered 3.5 million email addresses, which are essential to his broader operation — a wide-ranging and multipronged effort to collect a list of Trump supporters who have proven to be sources of donations for conservative efforts, former employees told NBC News.

According to former employees and public records including website archives, Nevada business registrations and property records, Kolfage has repeatedly created GoFundMe campaigns and published inflammatory fake news articles, pushing them both from websites that he sought to hide behind shell companies and false identities, in part to harvest email addresses. Those addresses were then used to push people back to Kolfage’s websites, to sell a brand of coffee he owns, or to be stockpiled for future use by conservative campaigns.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ ... ng-n957896
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic