PC price

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

PC price

Post by christian.dc »

So i am coming to work and live in Cambodia. Im wondering of the price of high end PC setups in PP.
What is the range of high end setups there? New ones. And internet price, high speed/good signal.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: PC price

Post by explorer »

Computers are cheaper in Australia than Cambodia.

I cant say for sure, but they are probably also cheaper in Europe.

You may consider buying one before you go, and taking it with you.

A large proportion of computers for sale in Cambodia are cheap, low performance computers. There are a few high performance ones.

Cambodians often include an illegal copy of Windows. I have seen so many computers with illegal copies of Windows 10 malfunction, I suspect Windows 10 is designed to malfunction if it is not a registered version. You can get genuine Windows 10 for a price.

I suggest using Linux. Linux Mint is an easy one for new users.

If you really want to buy a computer in Cambodia, various companies have promotions on facebook. See if you can find a good computer for a good price.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I'd advise buying all the components and shipping them with you, then get a large case out here.

And as always never skimp out on the PSU!

Or get a decent laptop. As a gamer who also uses Photoshop and Sony Vegas etc I managed to get a decent spec one with a 1050ti g card for under £600. Can hdmi it to any other TV / monitor.

Obviously for £600 I could have built a better pc but convenience plays a massive factor when in another country.

Plus make sure you're insured and check for damage via insects as a lot of policies won't cover this and you'll have to fork out yourself, unless you get creative and I'll leave that up to your interpretation

(Actually thinking about it, just pay a bit more for a good laptop, fuck having to move a tower about along with peripherals and a monitor etc.

What country you coming from?

You might find the warranty back home carries a lot more weight.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

Coming from Croatia, i dont wanna bring my own rig with me since it would cost me quite a bit to transfer it and dont wanna bring it as plane cargo. I was hoping i would be able to find good rigs there for decent price.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Computers are here in general at least 15 to 20% more expensive than in the most other countries and I can fully agree with the recommendation of JB, last year I bought there a Dell computer.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

Tnx for help guys, was thinking of spending 1000-1200$ to get some decent gaming laptop instead, incase of moving and stuff, i did rent a apartment in PP but never know when new oportunities gonna take me.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

If you're flying in via KL or Bangkok you could also consider buying there on the way...
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:04 pm If you're flying in via KL or Bangkok you could also consider buying there on the way...
Ye im flying with the stop in Bangkok but have only around 2 hours between fights so cant rly do much
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

christian.dc wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:57 pm Tnx for help guys, was thinking of spending 1000-1200$ to get some decent gaming laptop instead, incase of moving and stuff, i did rent a apartment in PP but never know when new oportunities gonna take me.
Get a laptop then. Just Google best laptop for 1000$ and set search for within past month. Then check out the specs and compare via.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/I ... -/3937vs10

(Make sure it comes with a dedicated gpu and not any of that intel inbuilt bullshit otherwise expect 10fps on low settings, also you'll want at least 1080p)

Feel free to post a few ideas and I'll let you know what's best, I can't be arsed to scour the net for you though.

Shouldn't take more than an hour to find best bang for buck, especially as it's after Xmas and I'm sure some stock will need clearing.

Also I don't know if you have it but I also use

https://pricespy.co.uk/computers-access ... er_reviews

And search each product to check which site has the best price, you can even go further and check out sites that offer discount codes etc as well
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic