Cambodia is World Champion in Property Investment

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Cambodia is World Champion in Property Investment

Post by Duncan »

Hernández wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:20 am koh pich is diamond island you can read my post above about that one..

olympic area I only know the place is not much loved by locals so the prices should be low there.

Toul Kork I know that the chief of Toul Kork has a slightly different mentality and he want people to come building in his area that is why you can also see cheap apartments there. but this area is considered not good by many locals and seems not safe.

Also the Russian market area why can you find cheap apartments there.. well different building mentality there also..

I have spoken with numerous high position people in real estate and it all comes to the same " the riverside area is the play garden from some group with their own greedy vision so nothing can be done there"
Remember the big project they were making on norodom? for years there was this sign comming soon hotel pool gym and so on.. They were asking exorbitant amounts of money so they cancelled the whole project!

yes indeed I can imagine if you would build a nice apartment block at the back streets of the riverside area you will sell out in no time but this area is heavy stupid thinking + greed + begrudge otherwise it would have already turned into a western looking place years ago!

There were so many foreigners trying to develop those places most of them lost their money and some projects you can still see are abandoned!
If your so confident of your view, can you show us some pic's of those that are abandoned . Remember many larger projects take time to get planning approvals , design work done and raise finance.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Someone has an grind to axe.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:09 am Someone has an grind to axe.

Not me. I just like to see things with my own eyes.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Duncan wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:28 am
davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:09 am Someone has an grind to axe.

Not me. I just like to see things with my own eyes.
I wasn’t thinking you.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Hernández wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:08 am For all you still don't understand it.. The prices in Phnom Penh are totally made out of thin air and speculation. Just go have a look in Diamond Island the Chinese kit buildings they are putting up are mostly empty..

and I not mean not occupied.. no The floors are empty and only concrete! They have just finished certain floors like for example the 10th floor and the 15th floor and the others they keep just concrete. and other floors they have done the corridors and front doors.. and behind those doors there is nothing! no walls yet no nothing! only concrete!

I have been in those buildings and because I was an over curious Mexican I went to the other floors without their permission after they said they would come back when I was left at the pool area.
damn their eyes were like they could kill me after they saw me again hahah but they didn't even know how much I have seen! because I was lucky to see some workers who left the doors open and most were sleeping anyway.

Also they have these paper lists with untits "sold out" and they told me oh no maybe we have still but we almost sold out.. reah right really redicilous their tricks!

they can build much faster but they are not spending here in cambodia they hire the cheapest of the cheap:

ya dont forget those fuckers on diamond island are 200k a pop !
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic