China To Take Over Kenya's Largest Port Over Unpaid Chinese Loan

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: China To Take Over Kenya's Largest Port Over Unpaid Chinese Loan

Post by Felgerkarb »

davegorman wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:32 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:23 am SNV port is controlled by the Japanese. That is why China is building two more, one in Ream and one in Koh Kong....then they can step in on the Japanese SNV one too eventually.
It was officially handed back to Cambodia this year. All key Japanese staff have gone.

They may have run it but they didn’t control it.

(I’m quoting from another source so don’t shoot me if it’s wrong)
Indeed you are correct. I have fallen behind in keeping up with SNV contracts as since the Chinese invasion, I have no clients interested in SNV at all anymore, so I have not been doing my homework lately regarding port operations. Makes sense since they have stepped up construction there 3 fold this year.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: China To Take Over Kenya's Largest Port Over Unpaid Chinese Loan

Post by davegorman »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:27 am
davegorman wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:32 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:23 am SNV port is controlled by the Japanese. That is why China is building two more, one in Ream and one in Koh Kong....then they can step in on the Japanese SNV one too eventually.
It was officially handed back to Cambodia this year. All key Japanese staff have gone.

They may have run it but they didn’t control it.

(I’m quoting from another source so don’t shoot me if it’s wrong)
Indeed you are correct. I have fallen behind in keeping up with SNV contracts as since the Chinese invasion, I have no clients interested in SNV at all anymore, so I have not been doing my homework lately regarding port operations. Makes sense since they have stepped up construction there 3 fold this year.
I have a Japanese friend (originally from Belgium...not really) who knew the key peoples because they ate at his restaurant. He said they kept him in business!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic