Metfone 3G internet plans...huh?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
giblet
Expatriate

Metfone 3G internet plans...huh?

Post by giblet »

So I use a Metfone dongle with the MI20 plan (Metfone mobile internet plans). You get 10gb for 30 days, and if you run out by the end tough luck. But I've heard rumors you can put a new plan on one time per month, so after two weeks you can add another $20 and dial *133*20#. Anyone know if this is true? I have been rotating multiple SIMs but it would be easier to do it this way.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Metfone 3G internet plans...huh?

Post by Joon »

When I was using the Metfone dongle and was subscribed to their MI20 plan, I usually just refill my credit in advance, and it would be cut when the plan was renewed. Is this what you are asking?

But I stopped using it for a while so I don't know how it works now.

I found that it was very poor value for money for myself.
Now I just get a Cellcard Inet3 plan on my phone and use it as a Wifi hotspot for my laptop. But I use Internet only for browsing and small downloads, so the Inet3 is largely sufficient for my usage.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Joon wrote:When I was using the Metfone dongle and was subscribed to their MI20 plan, I usually just refill my credit in advance, and it would be cut when the plan was renewed. Is this what you are asking?
So when I use up all of the data on the MI20 plan, the plan is finished. If I top up before the end of the 30 days and have already used all of the data from the plan, it then charges by the MB, and you can go through $5 a day that way. I'm trying to find out if you can start it on a new MI20 plan (and another 10GB) before the end of a 30 day period. I think you can, but I haven't tested it.

Where I live, Metfone is 4x faster than Cellcard so I'm stuck with them for the time being!
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Oh now I understand.

I would think you can because you can change plans during the validity of your current plan. So if you have a MI20 plan, and you're 20 days into it, as far as I understand, you are allowed to subscribe to another plan (say MI12), which will start from the day you signed into it. I would assume that you could do the same with a new MI20 plan. I can't remember if I did it that way when I used to run out of data allowance... So sorry, I guess you'll need to experiment and let us know or wait for someone with hands-on experience :)
giblet wrote:Where I live, Metfone is 4x faster than Cellcard so I'm stuck with them for the time being!
Ah I see! Hopefully Cellcard will improve their coverage. Their INET plans are quite advantageous.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic