Bruno Ganz interview

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Bruno Ganz interview

Post by franzjaeger »

Ha ha, can't figure out if he's a little bit pissed or not.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Bruno Ganz interview

Post by Milord »

Another good parody.

Actual translation:

It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. To play something as peculiar as Hitler. Normaly if something like this comes up they want a parodie, but this was very central and realistic. So i just reacted simply like an ambitious actor. Of course you have to jump over some moral scruples and stuff but,... i don't know,... Either you dare to play a mass murderer like that, because to put it plainly he's a human too, or you don't dare to play it. And i don't like to quibble over these moral details, but i can understand that it might be a problem... uhmm... And then there was this casting in munich and i just went there.
(cut)
Even if you look at hitler as a 3 dimensional character who is not only a mass murderer but does a few things that are reasonable, he still says all that stuff about jews and creates this philosophy which is so preposterous and insane that i think people and germany are stable enough [to withstand me in that movie without it causing any riots].
(cut)
I don't know what will happen, people in other countries will see the movie too, and i think it's not only because of political interesets but because of a fascination with that dark descent that they've done there, deeper and deeper into that bunker, into that black hole. It has that morbid pull beyond politics. And that gives ethtetics to that nazi style, the uniforms, the hats, the boots and stuff.
(cut)
It's not finished.
(cut)
This side fascinated me too, it were the last days of hitler, but even with his body breaking down he still has the power to command people to kill people and noone would ever dare to say no to that. So the question is how did it come to that.

--- I tried my best to translate it, i am from germany i hope my english is not too bad for this. xD If some sentences don't make sense to you, that's because the german version didn't make sense to me either, maybe because of the cuts. The part in [...] i didn't understand him exactly because he was giggling.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Bruno Ganz interview

Post by Milord »

HITLER FINDS OUT THE SUBTITLES ARE ALL WRONG - FUNNY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic