First travel

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Re: First travel

Post by christian.dc »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am English instructor looking to rent girls out for services, what a beautiful world we live in.

Probably not the best idea to sign up with your FB name and picture, but hey.. throw caution to the wind!
I am asking for prices of KTV and prices of the bars, not the girls.
I like karaoke, visited it a lot when i was in Japan. I wanted to know how are the prices with renting rooms, drinks etc. How much u can stay.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

I never been in those KTV bars but khmer beer gardens seem like a cheaper alternative.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

christian.dc wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:27 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:47 am English instructor looking to rent girls out for services, what a beautiful world we live in.

Probably not the best idea to sign up with your FB name and picture, but hey.. throw caution to the wind!
I like karaoke, visited it a lot when i was in Japan. I wanted to know how are the prices with renting rooms, drinks etc. How much u can stay.
i go to KTVs all the time, there are many different sorts around and all vary in prices, and depend what you are after, i did do a post on here some point last year, ill see if i can find it,
it might be worth noting you might struggle communicating with the girls if you dont speak any Khmer, i dont mind hitting a KTV or 2 with ya when your in town :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 am

i go to KTVs all the time, there are many different sorts around and all vary in prices, and depend what you are after, i did do a post on here some point last year, ill see if i can find it,
it might be worth noting you might struggle communicating with the girls if you dont speak any Khmer, i dont mind hitting a KTV or 2 with ya when your in town :thumb:
Awesome mate. Tnx for the reply. I could use someone to drink with when i come to show me around. More fun :)
Il be coming at January 15th.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

christian.dc wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 am

Awesome mate. Tnx for the reply. I could use someone to drink with when i come to show me around. More fun :)
Il be coming at January 15th.
ill be back from Thailand around then as got a wedding to go to on the 12,
couldnt find the main post i made that included pictures but heres a simple run down in another post i made of the different types
KTV bars - the street side hole in the wall plastic chair communal style KTVs, one TV everyone in the bar shares and takes it in turn, $1 a can or $7.50 for a Tower, have girls there too, will sit and drink with you, a 10,000r tip when you leave is sufficient

KTV Beer Gardens - Pretty much the same set up as the bars, but can have private booths and usually sell food also, sometimes have a stage with singers, same prices as above sometimes cheaper, usually hard to spend money in them, my regular Beer Garden KTV i used to get a Tower of Cambodia for $5.50 buy 2 get 1 free, so 3x Towers for $11, also have girls available, tips the same

Family KTVs - 1000s of these scattered around Cambodia, i think most streets in PP has one lol Private Airconned rooms, varying in size depending on how many of you there are, open all day/night, usually pay around $3-5 per hour for the room, cheap food and drinks available, usually around $1 a can or you can buy a box or whatever, its usually the kind of place you go with a mixed group of friends, not really the place to go find girls, some might have some hiding somewhere but its not on show like other KTVs, i think thats where the "family" part comes from

KTVs - Basically Family KTVs but with girls, usually sat out the front like at the beer gardens and KTV bars, depending on the location you will be paying between $30-50 for a Box of Beer of your choice, plus 4 plates of food and the room with girls for 1-2 hours depending on what deal you strike up, always make sure you strike the up a deal before going in, and dont touch any extra food they might try bring out other than the 4 plates agreed at the start, they will sting you on the bill if you do, but ive only encountered that once, but i can imagine it being more common to people who appear clueless, will often have Barrang, Khmer, chinese, viet songs to choose from, there will be a boy/girl working the jukebox and will often get involved with the party if you want, a 10-20,000r tip for the girls is sufficient

Big KTVs - The big KTVs are fun too, best of going with at least 3-4 of you though, usually better for the bigger parties as they have big rooms sometimes with 2 big TVs and a dance floor, the rooms free if buying boxes/bottles, a box of beer will set you back anything from $60-80, Spirits a bit more, usually better quality girls, you will be provided with a line up, if theres none you like, they will bring more, usually great service, again i wouldnt touch the food as it will soon bump your bill up, girls are ok for a $5-20 tip depending on the place, how long your party was, or how much you like the girl very wide selection of music

you also have the even more upmarket KTVs, like the KTVs at Naga World, which is more aimed at the Chinese/Foreign market, you can expect to pay top dollar in these places, for example its a $30 tip just for a girl to sit and drink with you, which goes up to $40 after 12-1am, very up market girls here though, but ive had far better times in the other establishments mentioned for a fraction of the prices

hope that helps lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

"Are u alowed to "fool around with the girl when u rent a room at KTV?
Sorry for dumb questions folks, im realy interested in how things work there XD
Any locations to visit for good looking girls that u can take to ur hotel?"

I must have misread this then lol...
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
christian.dc
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by christian.dc »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:12 am

"Are u alowed to "fool around with the girl when u rent a room at KTV?
Sorry for dumb questions folks, im realy interested in how things work there XD
Any locations to visit for good looking girls that u can take to ur hotel?"

I must have misread this then lol...
Cmon man, are you 10? Do i have to paint the picture? It means will you get in trouble if u head it off with a girl there, do a little drunken passes on her. As well as looking for girls that woudnt be offended it u asked them to go to ur hotel after some chat and fun together. Heard girls are loving to party there so thought maybe some woudnt mind more fun later. Try to think a little before u become forum troll mate. Give me a break if u dont have anything helpful to say please.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, how about that lol.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

We're not naive 10 year olds, your OP was clearly asking about finding girls for sex.

Just recently the forum seems to have become a welcome center and clearing house for new posters seeking prostitutes, apparently sanctioned by mods.

I'm all for female enter-preneurs, but there are plenty of other places to discuss that stuff, and I don't want to be surrounded on here by such overt aiding and abetting every breathless creep sniffing around for Cambodian poon.
So, buy, buy.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

finbar wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:44 pm We're not naive 10 year olds, your OP was clearly asking about finding girls for sex.

Just recently the forum seems to have become a welcome center and clearing house for new posters seeking prostitutes, apparently sanctioned by mods.

I'm all for female enter-preneurs, but there are plenty of other places to discuss that stuff, and I don't want to be surrounded on here by such overt aiding and abetting every breathless creep sniffing around for Cambodian poon.
So, buy, buy.
Note that you're in the Cambodia After Dark forum where people are discussing nightlife and such.
That said, I haven't noticed a lot of creepy posts on the forum about looking for prostitutes, but you could take that up with the mods.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic