Big fire .. old market i think

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Big fire .. old market i think

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

fax wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 pm #1 Do they have land titles for the rooftop?
Of course they don't, because they can't. (Land) Hard Titles are only issued for land. Even the people living in apartments in apartment buildings don't have Hard Titles (unless they actually own the land on which the building is constructed on).
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I always thought soft titles are a type of land title and hard titles are another type of land title. Aren't they?
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I took this picture in 2004 from the top of Saroya Mall. If there a fire breaks out................
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fax wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:46 pm I always thought soft titles are a type of land title and hard titles are another type of land title. Aren't they?
Yes they are.

But..... then men invented strata titles, and probably air titles are next to protect the impoverished poor building shacks on rooftops. I'm in the process of registering an NGO to support those, I see a business opportunity of supporting myself and maybe some shackers.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:51 pm I took this picture in 2004 from the top of Saroya Mall. If there a fire breaks out................
It did a couple of years ago in one block up towards Monivong. One older guy who was trapped inside died of smoke poisoning otherwise only property damage.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

fax wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:46 pm I always thought soft titles are a type of land title and hard titles are another type of land title. Aren't they?
For older buildings Soft Titles used to be issued to individual apartment owners, it was also a form of land title, Strata Titles for any eligible co-owned buildings built since 2010. Hard Title & LMAP Titles trump all, and is the only true land title.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I heard one chap had to pay for his hard title (wife’s) to be re done because someone stole all the marking posts in the whole block and rain and sand filled in the holes!

He had old style hard title (2016) and had to pay for the LMAP one. $500 I think.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

davegorman wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:19 pm I heard one chap had to pay for his hard title (wife’s) to be re done because someone stole all the marking posts in the whole block and rain and sand filled in the holes!

He had old style hard title (2016) and had to pay for the LMAP one. $500 I think.
Oh well, at least it was money well invested, the LMAP is the strongest form of title.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic