I'm Bored To Death

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: I'm Bored To Death

Post by Multipox »

Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 pm What is there to do in PP for someone that's under 60 years old? Or for someone that hasn't spent the last 20 years of his/ her life in Cambodia?

Drinking cheap beer, trying out sub-par restaurants, and attending something-Cham events is getting really old.

Any good concerts (not the backyard bands playing on Bassac Lane or TTP)? Monster truck shows? Greyhound races? Khmer on Khmer bare knuckle fights? Something?

I work around 10/11 hours a day btw. Hm.
If you're bored in cambo you're probably bored many other places too.
Perhaps you depend on exterior events to make your life.
Obviously your work is not your true work in life, otherwise that is what would consume you under 60, over 60, and forever.
Whether you are bored or not depends on whether you are working toward your real goal or not.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:14 pm ....
No one was ever bored fighting bird poopoo.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave Cambodia.
No, Sir, when a man is tired of Cambodia, he is tired of life; for there is in Cambodia all that life can afford.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:15 am Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave Cambodia.
No, Sir, when a man is tired of Cambodia, he is tired of life; for there is in Cambodia all that life can afford.
Please,this is too much. JB as an intellectual.

What happened to the Prophet of Doom?

I am confused.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:15 am Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave Cambodia.
Indeed sir.
In Phnom Penh, sometimes you give the wall, sometimes you take it.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Bonzo Dog Band I'm Bored

Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

It's all about Perspective.

A person who knows Cambodia over time may indeed find it boring, but for a newbie I can't see that being the case, there's enough on offer for at least some time.

I dunno. I think South East Asia is changing fast. It seems like it used to be much more fun before. Tourism has made its mark. For sure.
Rider of the storm.
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

You need a hobby, mine is electronics, has been since I was 13. Got back into it big time after I retired, but now the damn components are too small for my 62 year old eyes.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Robins wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 pm You need a hobby, mine is electronics, has been since I was 13. Got back into it big time after I retired, but now the damn components are too small for my 62 year old eyes.
Now that is the truth, some hobbies or pastimes are better with full eyesight. Its just how things go, you learn by experience and lose most of it because your unable to see. I feel sorry for the riverside drinkers, enjoying there cans of Angkor best but can't read their ring pulls. saum arkoun :beer3:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic