Serial Rabbit-Killer on the Loose in Peaceful French Village

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Serial Rabbit-Killer on the Loose in Peaceful French Village

Post by Anchor Moy »

OMG :shock: Can't wait for the movie.

Serial rabbit-killer terrorises picturesque Brittany village
Massacre of seven pets in Minihy-Tréguier is latest incident in series of killings

Kim Willsher in Paris
Mon 17 Dec 2018 13.08 GMT
A serial rabbit-killer who has been spreading terror around a picturesque village in Brittany has struck again.

Police were called after the bodies of seven rabbits were discovered slaughtered and dumped on the ground at a home in the village of Minihy-Tréguier on the Côtes-d’Armor coast on Saturday morning.

Shocked locals had hoped the killings, which reportedly began in March, had stopped after several weeks passed without any animals being killed.

Officers say the mystery killer leaves few if any clues but has the same modus operandi each time: he or she sneaks into private gardens at night, takes the rabbits from their hutches and either stabs them with a needle or sharp object or crushes them underfoot. The bodies are then left on the ground.

“It’s frightening. If they can attack defenceless animals like rabbits, they could very well, one day, attack people, particularly the elderly,” Annick, a villager, told the Le Télégramme newspaper.

A neighbour, Isabelle, added: “You have to be sick to do something like this to animals. I mean, it’s not even to eat them.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ny-village
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Serial Rabbit-Killer on the Loose in Peaceful French Village

Post by Ghostwriter »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 pm OMG :shock: Can't wait for the movie.

Serial rabbit-killer terrorises picturesque Brittany village
Massacre of seven pets in Minihy-Tréguier is latest incident in series of killings

Kim Willsher in Paris
Mon 17 Dec 2018 13.08 GMT
A serial rabbit-killer who has been spreading terror around a picturesque village in Brittany has struck again.

Police were called after the bodies of seven rabbits were discovered slaughtered and dumped on the ground at a home in the village of Minihy-Tréguier on the Côtes-d’Armor coast on Saturday morning.

Shocked locals had hoped the killings, which reportedly began in March, had stopped after several weeks passed without any animals being killed.

Officers say the mystery killer leaves few if any clues but has the same modus operandi each time: he or she sneaks into private gardens at night, takes the rabbits from their hutches and either stabs them with a needle or sharp object or crushes them underfoot. The bodies are then left on the ground.

“It’s frightening. If they can attack defenceless animals like rabbits, they could very well, one day, attack people, particularly the elderly,” Annick, a villager, told the Le Télégramme newspaper.

A neighbour, Isabelle, added: “You have to be sick to do something like this to animals. I mean, it’s not even to eat them.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ny-village
That was only 7 rabbits at the time.
Well, it went up to 120.
That would be a strange movie though, lots of rabbit killings, but still no clue who did it.
I didn't hear about that at the time, but i rarely follow local & national news, the tone is often depressing for no reason, except cases like this of course.

https://www.leparisien.fr/faits-divers/ ... 238960.php
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Take me back..

still one of my All-Time Top 10 Films About Rabbits
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:03 am Take me back..

still one of my All-Time Top 10 Films About Rabbits
Being a man of the Sea I never took you for a Rabbit Fancier???. :stir:

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

What's there to hate about a rabbit apart from myxomatosis and they xxxx too much..?

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Watership Down, The Bunny Man, Murder On Rabbit Skin Road, Jean de Florette, Bunnyman Bridge, the OP
It's not just all the rooting - What is it about rabbits that excites so much murdering?

Peter Rabbit, Serial Killer
https://medium.com/what-to-watch/peter- ... 3a4d288b1f
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

They start with rabbits and move on to defenseless humans
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I just went down a Youtube rabbit hole - and like Alice on acid, i and came up in a psychedelic paddock too
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic