Long Term Visa Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Long Term Visa Questions

Post by AB101 »

Catoni wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 pm
I've heard there rumours that there may be changes made to ER Retirement Visas beginning in 2019.
The Cambodian government might make income minimums to at least $500.... or maybe $1000 a month or more... or raising age requirement to 60 or 65, or both, or other things. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I was in Cambodia for two months back in 2017.....
I'm landing in Phnom Penh at the end of March, 2019.... I'll get the ordinary "business" visa for $35... but then will want to get the ER Retirement Visa.....
I'm 67.... and have a pension of about $2000 a month.. Wondering if the rules will have changed before I arrive? I've heard about "supporting letters" for visas.... What is, or how do I get.... a "supporting letter" ? ?
Thank you everyone for your information...
I believe the Brits call this "Project Fear" or us Americans "Fake News".

Start a rumor, no proof, just rumors and see how the mindless morons pick it up and spread it around.

"I read it somewhere", "I heard it in a bar", "a friend of a friend told me"

Yawns and goes back to sleep.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

AB101 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:45 pm believe the Brits call this "Project Fear" or us Americans "Fake News".
I would just settle to call them rumours. But before the development of change came rather quickly.
It's only time if another change comes along and what and how it will effect the country's expat visitors.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:47 pm
AB101 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:45 pm believe the Brits call this "Project Fear" or us Americans "Fake News".
I would just settle to call them rumours. But before the development of change came rather quickly.
It's only time if another change comes along and what and how it will effect the country's expat visitors.
You have to add the word "baseless" to the word rumor as there are no facts or any links behind them. They are just someones thoughts on what may or may not happen.

How about Cambodia to issue free permanent residency to all ex pats over the age of 55? There is as much truth behind that as Cantomi's posts.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

I was not trying to start a rumour. I merely reported what I had seen elsewhere. I reported here in hope that perhaps someone here had the facts as to whether the rumour I had seen was true or not. As I am returning to Cambodia at the end of March, 2019, if there were any changes ...then I would like to know about them.
Another thing, my name here is Catoni, not Cantomi. It seems other people can’t get things right.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Catoni wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:12 pm I was not trying to start a rumour. I merely reported what I had seen elsewhere. I reported here in hope that perhaps someone here had the facts as to whether the rumour I had seen was true or not. As I am returning to Cambodia at the end of March, 2019, if there were any changes ...then I would like to know about them.
Another thing, my name here is Catoni, not Cantomi. It seems other people can’t get things right.
:please:
BUT u did start a rumor as u posted no link to anything concerning ur concerns!!
I heard it from another website... can't remember which one.
:facepalm:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

Great ! I should have made a note of the link. I didn’t and can’t remember where I read it. That makes me guilty of starting a rumour. I’m a very bad person. Oh I’m guilty and the moderators should give me a thirty day suspension at least.
Excuse the bad man while he goes out to get some things done today. The bad man is in his way out the door.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic