Passport valid for six months required.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Passport valid for six months required.

Post by Arget »

Dear all, I posted the issue to make people aware that some people either make decisions by the letter of the law to be difficult or to show they are the boss and in charge.

The argument given was of sufficient facts as shown to the traveller by showing entry requirements to Malaysia on the system.

The traveller did not understand the transit rules and therefore mount the argument nor enough wherewithall yo demand a supervisor.

The fact of her ticket showing a stopover in KL was enough to convince her that the decision was lawful although it was a flythru.

She has since departed PP via another airline.

I posted this to highlight that some travellers don't understand the rules and pitfalls of securing the cheapest flights without considering all consequences.

There will always be that objectionable, authoritarian arsewipe that tries to browbeat these travellers , just be aware of it if you have family or friends travelling who may not know the ropes.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

She should be entitled to a refund, and compensated for any costs incurred.

I suggest she take it up with the airline.

If no luck go to the ACCC. It does not matter that the airline is not Australian owned. They are operating in Australia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I used Air Asia once in my life and that was one too many.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I used them many times with no complaints.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:17 am I used Air Asia once in my life and that was one too many.
Use them many many times within Thailand and to Myanmar and Cambodia since they started
Never a problem
BUT you MUST read the fine print and understand what
"fly thru" means

IE ;
Let the buyer beware
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

If she had to collect her bag and re check-in air asia was right not to let her fly, as she had to enter malaysia.
If she had booked thru to australia I doubt there would have been a problem.
Air Asia is quite tolerant and let's people fly on one-way tickets etc.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: met this girl a few times,if someone should not be allowed to travel on her own it was her,people were holding her hand to do simple things. :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic