Czech Woman Dies at Paris Guesthouse in Kampot

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Czech Woman Dies at Paris Guesthouse in Kampot

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm totally serial.

LD50 in rats is around 1200mg per kg of weight.
How Much Valium to Overdose?
Just how much Valium would it take to overdose? As alluded, any milligram amount above 40 mg a day is, technically speaking, an overdose. However, even at 1,000 times the recommended dose — upwards of 2,000 mg — Valium is still not lethal. It’s safe to say experts just don’t have a definitive answer as how much Valium it would take to kill a person when taken by itself. To put things into perspective, the estimated LD50 for Valium, the amount it would take to kill 50 percent of lab rats tested on the drug, is 1200–1240 mg/kg. At this rate, a 180-pound man would need to ingest nearly 100,000 mg of Valium to fatally overdose. Now, this isn’t to say that such insatiable use isn’t dangerous. Far from it. Any individual that attempted to consume this amount of Valium would certainly go comatose in the process. Especially if attempt involved crushing and snorting the prescription pill, which brings additional respiratory problems into the picture. Plus, Valium’s perceived safety is swept away if it is used in conjunction with opioids or alcohol. The body simply cannot handle such immense suppression. Expect deadly results if such a combination occurs.
But yeah, add booze and breathing can become suppressed.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

General Mackevili wrote:
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 pm As an aside, does there seem to be an uptick in unsavory reporting from Kampot as SNV has changed? Or has the usual Kampot coverup machine simply been overwhelmed with these?
Oh definitely. I remember when Kampot was just a fun little place with a river you shouldn't jump into when you're drunk, or at least that was the only news coming out of there.
Now its just a place....
With a river you shouldn't jump into....
Drunk or not.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Looks like Paris 2 Guesthouse. Taking so much valium with the husband in the room, very strange.
Mata Hari
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Mata Hari »

I wonder how her stomac managed to keep 120 Valium inside without vomiting :shock:
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:05 pm I'm totally serial.

Just how much Valium would it take to overdose? As alluded, any milligram amount above 40 mg a day is, technically speaking, an overdose. However, even at 1,000 times the recommended dose — upwards of 2,000 mg — Valium is still not lethal. It’s safe to say experts just don’t have a definitive answer as how much Valium it would take to kill a person when taken by itself. To put things into perspective, the estimated LD50 for Valium, the amount it would take to kill 50 percent of lab rats tested on the drug, is 1200–1240 mg/kg. At this rate, a 180-pound man would need to ingest nearly 100,000 mg of Valium to fatally overdose. Now, this isn’t to say that such insatiable use isn’t dangerous. Far from it. Any individual that attempted to consume this amount of Valium would certainly go comatose in the process. Especially if attempt involved crushing and snorting the prescription pill, which brings additional respiratory problems into the picture. Plus, Valium’s perceived safety is swept away if it is used in conjunction with opioids or alcohol. The body simply cannot handle such immense suppression. Expect deadly results if such a combination occurs.
Or add someone smothering you with a pillow. I'm not saying that happened, but the Cambodian police and medical examiners would have no idea if it did. They just see empty drug packages and announce drug overdose and case closed.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm Looks like Paris 2 Guesthouse. Taking so much valium with the husband in the room, very strange.
This
I wonder how her stomach managed to keep 120 Valium inside without vomiting
...and this.

'A glass of water beside the bed'...something wrong here. If you try and swallow 110 pills it is likely there would have been pills dropped, water spilled everywhere, retching/vomiting . I have trouble swallowing 2 paracetamol. Your body does not want to die, regardless of what your head says, and overdoses I've seen are often messy affairs.
If her stomach was not checked or an autopsy done, then she could have died by other means. For the police to assume it was an overdose, all they need is empty pill foils and the word of her husbad? Fark that.

RIP M'am.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Khartoum wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:38 am
King Keil wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 pm Looks like Paris 2 Guesthouse. Taking so much valium with the husband in the room, very strange.
This
I wonder how her stomach managed to keep 120 Valium inside without vomiting
...and this.

'A glass of water beside the bed'...something wrong here. If you try and swallow 110 pills it is likely there would have been pills dropped, water spilled everywhere, retching/vomiting . I have trouble swallowing 2 paracetamol. Your body does not want to die, regardless of what your head says, and overdoses I've seen are often messy affairs.
If her stomach was not checked or an autopsy done, then she could have died by other means. For the police to assume it was an overdose, all they need is empty pill foils and the word of her husbad? Fark that.

RIP M'am.

Valium goes down easier than paracetamol.
Rogue
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by Rogue »

PhnomRon wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:10 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:05 pm I'm totally serial.

Or add someone smothering you with a pillow. I'm not saying that happened, but the Cambodian police and medical examiners would have no idea if it did. They just see empty drug packages and announce drug overdose and case closed.
I do believe death by asphyxiation shows up in the eyes, but they still might not know.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Everyone is acting like 120 10mg blues are a big deal???.....

120 * 10 = 1200mg still not fatal LD 50 being 720 mg/kg in mice and 1240 mg/kg in rats. Just another case of ye'old Cambodian guest house magical heart attack.
diazapam is relatively safe doses up to 4000mg have been reported unfatal. Considering they sell in10mg tablets you are going to have eat ALOT to get a fatal dose.
Seems alot of people cant seem to check in to cambodian quest houses without droping dead, luckily i have never had any issues but all it takes is for her to refuse a rape or see the wrong thing and its more then enough reason to be be setup like this. Remember the khmer's value of life is alot less then barang, australi, ongli...
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:17 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm That's not a lethal dose, but maybe along with booze and poor health it could do the job. . .
Are you for real? 120 valium pills wouldn't be enough to kill someone? I assumed that many of damn near anything would kill someone. I would assume 120 multivitamins, or even that many tictacs could kill someone. I had a neighbor in Phnom Penh who was a bit drunk and took about 8 valium pills one night, and I assumed he was a goner. He seemed fine 2 days later, but I can't imagine someone taking 120 valiums and not dying.

RIP, but at least it was probably a pretty chill way to go.
science is science !
it is a FACT 120 will not kill her, most likely murder her husband probably had a bargirl on the side.
she would need to eat over 10,000mg to die at the ld50 and even that is generous.

I mean fuck mate this is Cambodia all australi, ongli, barang deaths are reported drug related and have you ever seen them to autopsy ............. never!
Last edited by console on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic