I'm Bored To Death

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: I'm Bored To Death

Post by Queef »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:26 pm
Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 pm
Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 pm What is there to do in PP for someone that's under 60 years old? Or for someone that hasn't spent the last 20 years of his/ her life in Cambodia?

Drinking cheap beer, trying out sub-par restaurants, and attending something-Cham events is getting really old.

Any good concerts (not the backyard bands playing on Bassac Lane or TTP)? Monster truck shows? Greyhound races? Khmer on Khmer bare knuckle fights? Something?

I work around 10/11 hours a day btw. Hm.
Guess you need a girlfriend with a big, big family. A family that's poor and want to take you everywhere.

Spoiler:
Hey, It works for me .
I am dating a Khmer girl atm, but what all her family does is go to river during their free time, fish, and talk about "loy" and "kandouille". I introduced a more interesting topic once (interesting to me, at least), and all I got was a bunch a blank stares followed by an avalanche of "yes".

They're also also too well-off to be poor and too poor to be rich, which is good, since I'm in the same situation.
'Loy' is an issue often discussed, the other word (kandouille), unless I misunderstand, is not.

I must say the word 'Khmer girl' together with 'atm' in one sentence looks funny. Do't let Explorer see it..... He will come up with 25 good reasons for you to change her for a uni student.
Loy? Too frequently discussed... "kandouille/ kandette" (yes, that part of the human body) comes up in conversations when I'm hanging out with the brothers and uncles. For some reason, they must think that all foreigners are whore mongers. They're very welcoming people though. All of them.

Yes, atm. Nothing is permanent. I'd like to take her back home, but it would break my heart to see her lose her high-paying job here only to work at Walmart as a greeter. And no, I don't have the energy/ desire to date another #metoo feminazi. I've had my fair share in California. Sorry Explorer.

So besides hanging out with the in laws, what else is there to do?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Get a hobby. Running, biking, Hashing, cooking, photography. Plenty of choices.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Have a kid with your atm and you will have a ready made hobby that will keep you amused and entertained for life.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

hanno wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:17 pm Get a hobby. Running, biking, Hashing, cooking, photography. Plenty of choices.
I work out after work. Every. Single. Day. I read, a lot. I'm looking for something that would break the routine. Something exciting. Never had an adrenaline rush in Cambodia. I'm learning Mandarin. I guess that's kind of exciting.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 pm What is there to do in PP for someone that's under 60 years old? Or for someone that hasn't spent the last 20 years of his/ her life in Cambodia?

Drinking cheap beer, trying out sub-par restaurants, and attending something-Cham events is getting really old.

Any good concerts (not the backyard bands playing on Bassac Lane or TTP)? Monster truck shows? Greyhound races? Khmer on Khmer bare knuckle fights? Something?

I work around 10/11 hours a day btw. Hm.
Guess you need a girlfriend with a big, big family. A family that's poor and want to take you everywhere.

Spoiler:
Hey, It works for me .
I am dating a Khmer girl atm, but what all her family does is go to river during their free time, fish, and talk about "loy" and "kandouille". I introduced a more interesting topic once (interesting to me, at least), and all I got was a bunch a blank stares followed by an avalanche of "yes".

They're also also too well-off to be poor and too poor to be rich, which is good, since I'm in the same situation.
'Loy' is an issue often discussed, the other word (kandouille), unless I misunderstand, is not.

I must say the word 'Khmer girl' together with 'atm' in one sentence looks funny. Do't let Explorer see it..... He will come up with 25 good reasons for you to change her for a uni student.
Loy? Too frequently discussed... "kandouille/ kandette" (yes, that part of the human body) comes up in conversations when I'm hanging out with the brothers and uncles. For some reason, they must think that all foreigners are whore mongers. They're very welcoming people though. All of them.

Yes, atm. Nothing is permanent. I'd like to take her back home, but it would break my heart to see her lose her high-paying job here only to work at Walmart as a greeter. And no, I don't have the energy/ desire to date another #metoo feminazi. I've had my fair share in California. Sorry Explorer.

"kandouille/ kandette" (yes, that part of the human body)
i think i know what you mean, but i dont think ive ever seen it written/heard like that?
i think you missed the joke on this one bro, he was talking about Khmer girls and ATM(machines)

regard to things to do...
i went to City Golf Club the other day and did 9 holes of Pitch and Put, costs $15 + $5 for balls (can rent clubs there too, one friend had his own and me and another mate shared) lots of cute girls there to be your personal caddie, $5 tip for her at the end, you also get a free go on the driving range (about 50 balls but i didnt count) to warm up before going round, im not a golfer but it was a good crack and killed an afternoon - http://www.citygolfcambodia.com/Site/

DIB club on Koh Pich is a nice place to chill out for the afternoon too, big swimming pool, they do food and drinks there, nice place - https://www.asialifemagazine.com/cambodia/dib-club/

theres Cinemas at Aeon Mall http://www.majorcineplex.com.kh/cinema/theatre, City Mall & Exchange Square https://legend.com.kh/browsing/

i often like to go chill out at a Spa in the afternoons, watch a movie while chilling in the hot tub, and have Sauna and Steam then go upstairs for an hour massage, $7 all inc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:31 pm
hanno wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:17 pm Get a hobby. Running, biking, Hashing, cooking, photography. Plenty of choices.
I'm looking for something that would break the routine. Something exciting. Never had an adrenaline rush in Cambodia.
theres a number of motorbike shops here where you can rent offroad dirt bikes that you can drive out into the countryside and go explore for the day
Mata Hari
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Mata Hari »

Start to learn khmer language and khmer writing, then you'll be busy for years
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Spoiler:
Hey, It works for me .

i think i know what you mean, but i dont think ive ever seen it written/heard like that?
i think you missed the joke on this one bro, he was talking about Khmer girls and ATM(machines)

i went to City Golf Club the other day and did 9 holes of Pitch and Put, costs $15 + $5 for balls (can rent clubs there too, one friend had his own and me and another mate shared) lots of cute girls there to be your personal caddie, $5 tip for her at the end, you also get a free go on the driving range (about 50 balls but i didnt count) to warm up before going round, im not a golfer but it was a good crack and killed an afternoon - http://www.citygolfcambodia.com/Site/

DIB club on Koh Pich is a nice place to chill out for the afternoon too, big swimming pool, they do food and drinks there, nice place - https://www.asialifemagazine.com/cambodia/dib-club/

theres Cinemas at Aeon Mall http://www.majorcineplex.com.kh/cinema/theatre, City Mall & Exchange Square https://legend.com.kh/browsing/

i often like to go chill out at a Spa in the afternoons, watch a movie while chilling in the hot tub, and have Sauna and Steam then go upstairs for an hour massage, $7 all inc
I really don't how it should be spelled tbh. I just know that "kadette" is ok, "kandouille" is usually a big no no.

Ha. Yea that went right over my head... Good one though.

I'll definitely check out the golf course! That's hella cheap.. Thanks man!

I've seen ads for DIB, but never thought anything of it. Does it always close at 8pm? Is it kinda like Pontoon or a little less grimy?
Mata Hari wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:40 pm Start to learn khmer language and khmer writing, then you'll be busy for years
I'm learning Mandarin. That should keep me busy for a good minute. It makes more sense in my line of work.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:58 pm
I'm learning Mandarin. That should keep me busy for a good minute. It makes more sense in my line of work.
Do you work in a VOIP call centre?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Queef wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:58 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm

I really don't how it should be spelled tbh. I just know that "kadette" is ok, "kandouille" is usually a big no no.

Ha. Yea that went right over my head... Good one though.

I'll definitely check out the golf course! That's hella cheap.. Thanks man!

I've seen ads for DIB, but never thought anything of it. Does it always close at 8pm? Is it kinda like Pontoon or a little less grimy?
Mata Hari wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:40 pm Start to learn khmer language and khmer writing, then you'll be busy for years
still not sure what your "Kadette" is, and i can only guess your "Kandouille" is "Kaduey" (slang term for a womans vagina)??

Dib club isnt a nightclub, its just a pool area with bar/restaurant, check out the link i put with it
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic