Online Dating

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Online Dating

Post by davegorman »

I Ricky Bobby and explorer the same person?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 pm Ricky Bobby and explorer the same person?
no
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

explorer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm
davegorman wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 pm Ricky Bobby and explorer the same person?
no

OK, Lets ask Ricky Bobby
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Duncan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:24 am
explorer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 pm
no

OK, Lets ask Ricky Bobby
He will just say the same thing so .......................... =@
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Just use dating apps and suss the person out, you can tell a lot from the pictures and bio TBF.

Go on a cheap date and see if you connect. Nothing lost if not, a meal and some beers and maybe a new friend in the worst case, if they have their WhatsApp number of whatever linked to bio it's my general consensus that they're on their advertising.

It's not hard to just walk up to someone and start talking either, or perhaps go wingman your friend? Most people are looking for somebody in this world.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

"Dating" good girls is difficult, especially if one isnt in-country/understands or familiar with Khmer culture
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Just avoid any girls on facebook who have jamie or lord playboy as friends....
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am "Dating" good girls is difficult, especially if one isnt in-country/understands or familiar with Khmer culture
Be like Explorer and you might be able to date a good girl ! :hattip:
Don't forget the water buffalo
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kayve wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am "Dating" good girls is difficult, especially if one isnt in-country/understands or familiar with Khmer culture
Be like Explorer and you might be able to date a good girl ! :hattip:
hahaha :beer3:

tbh i've "dated" good girls before, it can often be a frustrating mix of either...
them having very little time to actually go on "dates" due to either them working and/or having to be home by a certain time and/or needing a chaperone,
culturally being reserved etc.. eg. don't be expecting a hug after a date (and don't make the mistake in trying to give one either, things could get awkward)
or them being full on (emotionally, girls be catching feelings super quick)

for those unfamiliar with Khmer girls/culture, it could be difficult/frustrating, definitely not all cases mind but don't be surprised if going down the good girl route
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If you try to date a good girl the same way you would in a western country, in most cases it wont happen.

If you learn about Cambodian culture, and approach it with an understanding of their culture, you can get to know good girls.

It is really easy to meet girls. Just start talking to them. Most girls are friendly and will talk to you. Some may speak English well, some may speak some English, and some may not speak English. Speaking Khmer gives you a big advantage.

In Cambodian culture, it is OK to ask someone you just met, if she is single, if she has a boyfriend, etc.

If you ask a girl for her phone number, or her facebook account, most girls will give it to you.

When she meets you again, expect her to bring a friend or friends with her.

If a girl lives with her family, they are normally happy if you visit her at home.

As she gets to know you more she will trust you more.

Cambodians will talk about you. If you are good to a girl, people will be saying good things about you. If you are not, they will tell everyone.

I have friends I can ring up and say, are you busy tomorrow evening? If not, I can say, lets meet at a certain restaurant, and they will. With some girls, I meet them at their place, and we go together.

It can be done if you learn about their culture, and do things appropriate in their culture.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic