Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Follow up to Lias bye bye howii

Post by explorer »

taabarang

I am trying to be nice and helpful to someone who may die soon.

Why the hostility?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

explorer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:28 pm taabarang

I am trying to be nice and helpful to someone who may die soon.

Why the hostility?
Hostility? You make death look like a reasonable. option
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

explorer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:07 pm Once the report is filled and Taaa got them US passports at the same time, they are US citizens and can travel to the states
but without $$$ ,,,,,
What is involved in getting them US passports?

Is it realistic to get them US passports if he is not legally married to their mother?

I see great benefits in getting US passports, if it is not to difficult, even if they dont have the money at the present time. They may have an opportunity in the future.
Point well taken, however the couple must be legally married in Cambodia.
NOT TRUE

A child born to a US citizen,anywhere, is eligible to become a us citizen regardless if the parents are married or not!

USED to be very easy, ( not sure if anything has changed) to get a US passport once the reports is filled, usually done at the same time.
I was NOT married to my daughters mom and my daughter had her us passport at 6 months old.

I agree a VERY good thing to have for them and taa is being irresponsible ( Taa have you obtained their passports?) if he has not gotten them . Not to mention he would have been getting SSI for them since they were born in addition to his SS payments.
You make death look like a reasonable. option
Death is a natural progression to life..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am
Easy to say when the end is still out of sight....

Pretty insensitive to come up with this kind stuff when someone is actually facing the end. Especially on an anonymous forum like this.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am
Easy to say when the end is still out of sight....

Pretty insensitive to come up with this kind stuff when someone is actually facing the end. Especially on an anonymous forum like this.
sorry, but i dont find it insensitive at all. I have already my ending in place and at what point it will be activated.

Death, in many cultures is not a sad event but a joyful one
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

You lot will still be arguing at his funeral. Give up a rest. (That doesn’t sound right but I’ll use it anyway)
Mata Hari
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Mata Hari »

Hello Taabarang,

Usually, I'm just reading here without posting, but I feel touched by your latest posts here, so i just want to tell you something:
Because I worked for 20 years in the field of oncology as a nurse, I've got a lot of experience with cancer patients and their dying. I always admired it, when patients have clearly seen their situation and accepted it as it is. So many people are not able to do that and they stick to every therapy even when there is no hope and in the end they die miserably in hospital even much more damaged by the therapies and their side effects than by the cancer itself.
But I want you to know that in my experience, dying of cancer does not necessarily have to be connected with being miserable and bedridden for a long time. Nowadays, you don't have to suffer pain or feel breathless anymore (you can inject morphine subcutaneously into the belly fat yourself at home). But for this you need a good doctor who knows about palliative medicine. Maybe this organization can help you find such a doctor near kompong cham (phone number is on the page): www.facebook.com/Palliative-care-cancer ... 3902004940
I wish for you, that you still have as much time as possible to enjoy being with your family and that you can leave this world peacefully and relaxed.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Taabarang,
I know I am one of your least favourite forum members but your situation had me in tears.

I am so terribly sorry to hear this, nobody deserves to live with pain and I can’t imagine what you are going through emotionally.

You will not be forgotten, I promise I will mention the Glory Hole at least once a month in your honour. ;)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:34 pm Taabarang,
I know I am one of your least favourite forum members but your situation had me in tears.

I am so terribly sorry to hear this, nobody deserves to live with pain and I can’t imagine what you are going through emotionally.

You will not be forgotten, I promise I will mention the Glory Hole at least once a month in your honour. ;)
Yeah, well if I get to either heaven or hell I'll check out which place sells bra sizes that fit your aching ego and back.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:34 pm Taabarang,

He ain't going no where. It s near impossible to kill off weeds that easy.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic