Online Dating

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Online Dating

Post by RickyBobby »

Has anyone used any online dating sites for finding Khmer Girls? If so, any tips? My Friend wants to try, thanks.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Online Dating

Post by Brody »

explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 pm Has anyone used any online dating sites for finding Khmer Girls? If so, any tips? My Friend wants to try, thanks.
Is he looking for a prostitute, a temporary girlfriend, or a wife?

If he is looking for a genuine girl for a serious relationship, try facebook.

You actually need to meet people in real life, and that is very easy in Cambodia. Most girls are friendly. Just talk to them. Some speak English well. For the others, you may need to learn Khmer.

I suggest dating an educated girl, such as a university student, or a girl who has finished university and is now working.

If a relationship is based on you giving her money, the relationship may be over as soon as you stop giving her money.

Cambodian culture is very different from non-asian cultures. I suggest anyone wanting a serious relationship, spend time with the people, learn the language, and learn about the culture.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I agree. He is not here, and wants to find a 'genuine girl' before he comes. Not a prostitute, not a bar girl, not a grey girl. I was just thinking that there must be some dating sites that the Khmer prefer.

How does a guy find a girl on FB? There's no specific search for that, is it just randomly creeping profiles and sending out darts?

Also, even on the ground, most of the good girls with real good jobs are not as accessible, they are not in hospitality. The go to work and go home. If you see them in a coffee shop or the market, you don't know if they are married or dating, or even if they are 'good' or not. They all look lovely.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I suggest he spend a lot of time in Cambodia learning the language and getting to understand the culture.

I also suggest he meet a lot of girls before choosing one he really likes.

Girls are friendly. It is easy to meet them.

What kind of person is he?

What type of girl does he want?
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

baddoo app . free .. good girls, bad girls and everything in between.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

To find a girlfriend before he meets any of them is crazy.

However, he could have a friend or friends to meet when he gets here, knowing that he can still meet others.

He can meet them on facebook, but he is not going to get to know them well. He can look at the different profiles and find one he likes. Add her as a friend. Most will accept. Then start sending messages. They will probably send back much less information than a western girl would. When he comes here he can meet his facebook friends and others. The culture is so different, he may not understand them, or what to do.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:52 pm To find a girlfriend before he meets any of them is crazy.

However, he could have a friend or friends to meet when he gets here, knowing that he can still meet others.

He can meet them on facebook, but he is not going to get to know them well. He can look at the different profiles and find one he likes. Add her as a friend. Most will accept. Then start sending messages. They will probably send back much less information than a western girl would. When he comes here he can meet his facebook friends and others. The culture is so different, he may not understand them, or what to do.
Well, it worked for me. But, I didn't make a commitment before I met her. I guess he's just open to possibilities and interested in lining something up. We used FB, I could determine a lot about her that way, and while she could deceive me, what she appeared to be was exactly what she was, and more. I did some heavy vetting. In some ways it was better, as we chatted online more than we do in real life. Now we have 5 years together.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

explorer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:27 pm I suggest he spend a lot of time in Cambodia learning the language and getting to understand the culture.

I also suggest he meet a lot of girls before choosing one he really likes.

Girls are friendly. It is easy to meet them.

What kind of person is he?

What type of girl does he want?
I actually have no experience in meeting girls here. Since day one, my girl has been beside me. I feel fortunate in that regard to some degree.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

It also gets down to what type of person he is. If he is a really decent person who will be really good to a girl, a really good girl will like him. If he is not, some decent girls wont like him, others may play with him just to get money.

What type of person is he?

What country is he from?

How old is he?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic