Too many people dying young

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Too many people dying young

Post by Duncan »

KOKO wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am It is weird so many young people die in Cambodia, but it happens in Thailand on a much grander scale. And, for sure drugs are a serious problem in Cambodia and around the world, but I wouldn't discredit drinking as a major contributor. An associate of mine died in Calmette Hospital after having a stroke. I believe it was due to him being overweight and over drinking. His actual death was in part due to not having medical insurance. And, it's not uncommon for folks all around SE Asia to pass away from consumption. I remember hearing about Scott passing away from the Tavern in Bangkok. Drinking. Great guy. RIP.

I have never had an issue in Cambodia, but Bangkok nearly killed me. Be careful always and make sure you're insured.

The most important part of '' insurance '' is to insure you live a healthy active lifestyle and eat healthy foods. As I always say look at the cause of your problem, not the result of your problem and you may never need to use that insurance.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

KOKO wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am And, it's not uncommon for folks all around SE Asia to pass away from consumption.
Do you mean tuberculosis?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

KOKO wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am It is weird so many young people die in Cambodia, but it happens in Thailand on a much grander scale. And, for sure drugs are a serious problem in Cambodia and around the world, but I wouldn't discredit drinking as a major contributor. An associate of mine died in Calmette Hospital after having a stroke. I believe it was due to him being overweight and over drinking. His actual death was in part due to not having medical insurance. And, it's not uncommon for folks all around SE Asia to pass away from consumption. I remember hearing about Scott passing away from the Tavern in Bangkok. Drinking. Great guy. RIP.

I have never had an issue in Cambodia, but Bangkok nearly killed me. Be careful always and make sure you're insured.
HUH"
if one has a credit card and $$$, why would NOT having insurance be a factor?

Been here over 34 years, never had insurance an have been traveling since the late 60's

Yea accidents happen..... wrong place...wrong time
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
KOKO
Tourist
United States of America

Post by KOKO »

Duncan wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am

The most important part of '' insurance '' is to insure you live a healthy active lifestyle and eat healthy foods. As I always say look at the cause of your problem, not the result of your problem and you may never need to use that insurance.
Correct, these guys lived on the edge for a long time and it finally caught up to them, but at least one would have had a longer life if he had been insured.
KOKO
Tourist
United States of America

Post by KOKO »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

HUH"

Been here over 34 years, never had insurance an have been traveling since the late 60's

HUH HUH, no clue what you are on about here Richard. One would have had insurance and he might be still alive the other killed himself with drinking. BTW, you're a lucky person. No matter how amazing your health is, accidents happen and having insurance could not only save your life but also your nest egg. BTW, I don't sell insurance, just making a factual comment. Also, that's pretty amazing you being in the Kingdom for 34 years. What brought you to the KOW if you don't mind me asking?
KOKO
Tourist
United States of America

Post by KOKO »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am
KOKO wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am And, it's not uncommon for folks all around SE Asia to pass away from consumption.
Do you mean tuberculosis?
HAHA, nice catch. I missed the word "alcohol".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

KOKO wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

HUH"

HUH HUH, no clue what you are on about here Richard. One would have had insurance and he might be still alive the other killed himself with drinking. BTW, you're a lucky person. No matter how amazing your health is, accidents happen and having insurance could not only save your life but also your nest egg. BTW, I don't sell insurance, just making a factual comment. Also, that's pretty amazing you being in the Kingdom for 34 years. What brought you to the KOW if you don't mind me asking?
not been in kow 34 years,se asia, mostly thailand., ( Nepal,HK and Cambodia as well)

Insurance would not have helped at all most of the guys that have kicked in the past few weeks.
Insurance is a game, they bet you wont use it, an you hope u dont, but after a few years of just paying the premiums, start wondering why ur paying for it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

young girl down soi 6 had a stroke the other day (still in hospital afaik)
friend who owned a couple of bars in SHV died couple of days ago too (wasnt young though)

not sure the cause but could have been due to drinking
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:31 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:28 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 pm Richard, what happens when you touch ur gums? When you say 'gums', do you mean tongu e?
Gums; are u serious?
Whatever.

And what about the first question (or are we assumed to know the answer already)?
Alrighty.... When you purchase a ball of blow, first thing you do is checking if it's super cut or not. If you dip your finger in the little baggy and stick it in your mouth, your face will go numb if it's some good shit (you'll also get an enjoyable head change). If it's bunk, it'll just taste like shit and your mouth will only tingle a bit.
If you really wanna know if you got some good stuff, do a key bump. If you start grinding your teeth 5min after you snorted that shit up, then you got yourself some methy blow. For all the noobs out there, never buy powder. You want your shit to be rocky. It means that it hasn't been cut that much recently. That powder shit will just give you a bad headache and you'll have a serious case of coke dick. Stay away from the blow that looks like fish scales as well (been cut with speed).

In CA, you can easily get some good stuff for $60 a G if you don't know your connect that well (befriend the connect and you're looking at $150 a ball). Cross the border to TJ, and you're looking at $30 a G of some good shit at Adelitas or Hong Kong.

Blow in KOW is horrible. Cut with hero. Do a line and you might find yourself barfing all over the place. 50% - 80% pure blow doesn't make you barf.

Now I've never experienced drugs in my life. I got all that info from Google.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

1. what is a ball of blow? Do u mean 8 ball, ( 3.5 grms)
2." your face will go numb if it's some good shit" BS
3. very easy to make rocks out of powder
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic