Uh oh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Uh oh

Post by Digg3r »

Mrs Stroppy wrote:
Digg3r wrote:A cunning one?
Yep!
That was better left unanswered...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:
Mrs Stroppy wrote:
Digg3r wrote:A cunning one?
Yep!
That was better left unanswered...
Have you met the missus?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

For the record I was the op of the thread in question. I don't know how anyone else saw it, but I sure didn't. I then received an email instructing me to not write about ANY OTHER(caps mine)forums on 440. Of course I wrote an email back stating in essence that although we really didn't care for each other that attitude was hugely responsible for the mass desertion. Of course from that moment on, my user name and password were no longer valid.

I never thought that The Garage would be off limits to members of this forum. I most likely suspected that 1) among the remaining posters there were few with whom I would care to raise a glass with and 2) there might be sponsers on this forum that might welcome the business. Again, nothing against [an owner]. I have drunk there on two occasions and found him perfect for the role. Well,at least in Phnom Penh.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

taabarang wrote:For the record I was the op of the thread in question. I don't know how anyone else saw it, but I sure didn't. I then received an email instructing me to not write about ANY OTHER(caps mine)forums on 440. Of course I wrote an email back stating in essence that although we really didn't care for each other that attitude was hugely responsible for the mass desertion. Of course from that moment on, my user name and password were no longer valid.

I never thought that The Garage would be off limits to members of this forum. I most likely suspected that 1) among the remaining posters there were few with whom I would care to raise a glass with and 2) there might be sponsers on this forum that might welcome the business. Again, nothing against Jim. I have drunk there on two occasions and found him perfect for the role. Well,at least in Phnom Penh.
*[an owner] ( JM) owns Garage. ;) The Garage is great and there is no drama. We will all continue to go there. No one is going to give anybody a hard time over internet forums. Just continue living life and doing whatever you want. It is Cambodia, after all. :D
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Sorry, I got the name wrong. You can drink there but I won't. Again, nothing against the owner, but I have very strong and unpleasant memories of how some posters treated me especially concerning Denis. I know from my past these are feelings that do not mix well with alchohol. I prefer to imbibe for joyful nonsense not black anger.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Both [an owner] and [another person] are good blokes mate. My opinion of a particular K440 forum moderator/owner and a couple of regular Garage bar drinkers, is well known, but I have never felt anything but welcome in Garage. Sure, [an owner] is a little introspective at times,but he is an intelligent man who has his own opinions and doesn't run with the pack, just says what he believes.And I don't believe he or [another person],( I don't know if [another person] actually has a role in managing Garage, but he is always there when I go there and is a fukn top fella!), would discriminate against someone just because they post on a particular forum. I only get up to PP 2 or 3 times a year, but I always stop in for a beer or two and enjoy the time I spend there.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

ok... #1... stop using people's real names please. no outing on here. while you may not know their 440 name, they have one, and it's poor form to refer to them by their actual name.

#2... jm has already said we're all welcome there. and, on a slow night when (and if) i'm in town next week i may cruise by and take him up on it on a slower night. if kir is there hopefully he'll just leave me to mine, and i to his. not a single other member of his moderation staff/etc has been at all rude or inconsiderate to me, and many have wished us well on our venture. i don't think we'd get poor treatment at the hands of the bar staff/etc... but i do worry about the treatment of some of the more 'notoriously' 440 banned by other regulars, particularly kir. i've seen him fly off the handle and go batshit (ironically while hiding behind me) at a guy just because the dude asked if he WAS kir. god knows what he'll do at the general and i.

#3: it's a good question, i wouldn't mind at all having a semi-official bar, and if any or the pp expat bars wish to sponsor, i'll be glad to discuss some nice cross sponsoring terms. i think, because of kir, garage would be unlikely in that as he's a regular there and it wouldn't be good to put jm in that kind of a position. perhaps lonestar? somewhere we can smoke inside or (or has a nice covered patio) would be nice... it's going to be raining a lot over the next few months.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

I'm still fairly unknown by those guys, and unless asked I don't freely give that information. Let what is on the internet stay on the internet and leave me be when having my hamburger. Actually the first time I went there, recently unfortunately, I think I chatted with JM(I think) for awhile after he told me where he was from and talked for awhile. I think MK would be the only one to really pick me out of a crowd and perhaps you OD. I tend to stick to myself and my girl.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Hotdigre, you're defending someone I never attacked. In fact I agree with your assessment of jm. My reasons for not wanting to go there are clear enough.

OD, I don't know if you're referring to my use of naming Denis, but the poor devil is dead and I don't see how my mentioning his name could adversely affect anyone.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

I'll say it again, no issues at Garage. Move along now.
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic