Khmer ladies

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Khmer ladies

Post by explorer »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm Check the official divorce rate for Cambodia, compare that to your day to day knowledge, and it simply can't be true most marriages are fully registered.

If there's an unregistered marriage, they usually don't just move in together, there will be an official wedding party, but no registration at the Sangkat (État civil).
True

There are those who have a wedding and do the paperwork.

There are those who have a wedding and not do the paperwork.

There are those who just move in together.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

explorer wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 pm Well over 30. It varies a lot from person to person.

In Cambodian culture, most girls do not pursue boyfriends. They just wait until a man is interested in them. This is true at any age. If a man liked a single girl who was 35, that would normally be OK with her. Most older girls do not think whether someone may like them, they just wait and see
An older women part of a guest house owning family decided she wanted me to be her sugar daddy. Got nasty when I said no and remains so to this day.

explorer wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:06 pm (I am not talking about prostitutes).

Sometimes the line is not easy to find.

When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

It is easier to find genuine girls if you get away from the bars and tourist areas.

After spending time with university students, I recommend dating a university student, or a girl who has finished university and is now working.

Why do foreign men date girls who just want to be given money? As soon as the money stops, the girl is gone. It is love. They love money.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No shit sherlock. You seem like a nice and well-meaning guy, but also the kind of guy who doesn't know much about the city or the people who live in it outside of those "bars and tourist areas" yourself, so enough of the pontificating.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »