RIP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

RIP

Post by AB101 »

With so many deaths being announced under the news heading, perhaps it calls for a "R.I.P" section. More sympathetic and less sensationalist.
All members are equal but some members are more equal than others
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: RIP

Post by AB101 »

John Bingham,

Do you randomly give negative marks to posts or do you just do it to newcomers for the fun of it? Not sure how this reputation works but it is obviously affected by negative marks.

I fail to see what I have posted that deserves a negative vote. My suggestion was a serious one and looking at the number of members making comments about sensational news over dead people, others obviously think the same way.

Explanation from you maybe or just another negative mark?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 pm JB, if you could ease off a bit, would be nice.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

AB101 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 pm John Bingham,

Do you randomly give negative marks to posts or do you just do it to newcomers for the fun of it? Not sure how this reputation works but it is obviously affected by negative marks.

I fail to see what I have posted that deserves a negative vote. My suggestion was a serious one and looking at the number of members making comments about sensational news over dead people, others obviously think the same way.

Nobody thinks their post deserves a negative vote. Everyone thinks their own posts are brilliant and insightful.

I would suggest that we really don’t want to get bogged down with posters demanding explanations of someone’s positive and negative votes.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

I think jon bingham was here in the war or something.

Maybe pre-KR days and/or during the UNTAC period.

Either way hes a seems like a hardened KoW expat, who he dont like/approve of noobs.
AB101
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AB101 »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Nobody thinks their post deserves a negative vote. Everyone thinks they are brilliant and insightful. I would suggest that we really don’t want to get bogged down with posters demanding explanations of someone’s positive and negative votes.
Especially seeing how as I cannot give a negative vote until I reach 10 positive.

I understand the game, keep the newcomer in his place and make sure he does not ask questions.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 pm Nobody thinks their post deserves a negative vote.
I don't think that's the entire case here.

He might be a bit touchy because JB was having a go at him in another thread earlier.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Does anyone really, actually, give two pieces of shit about karma points?
Really?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Negative karma means someone disagreed with what you posted. It doesn't mean they are out to get you.
=@
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:27 am Does anyone really, actually, give two pieces of shit about karma points?
Really?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Artful Dodger was banned for threatening to murder me because I gave him negative karma. He said that his associates in the Cambodian police force would cuff me and dump me in the Mekong in a plastic bag.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic