Pete and Justyn, Your Friends are Looking For You

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Pete and Justyn, Your Friends are Looking For You

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Public announcement: Missing Tourists Bureau.
If anyone runs into this couple, who are believed to be somewhere in Cambodia, please tell them to contact their family. .
Posted on social media today:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Pete and Justyn, Your Friends are Looking For You

Post by hanno »

I would be concerned too if my son was wearing a shirt like that.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

hanno wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 pm I would be concerned too if my son was wearing a shirt like that.
Or driving across bridges on a scooter at night taking selfies (wearing baseball helmets? ). They are probably just enjoying themselves on Koh Wrong or wherever and will get around to calling when they get back to the mainland. I hope they turn up safe soon and then proceed to cringe themselves to death. Back before this instant communication era I'd probably call my folks before leaving on a trip, send them a postcard six weeks later and then call them after I got back later in the year, it was no big thing. Folks should stop freaking out just because someone hasn't been in touch for a week.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Maybe they cannot contact anyone cause a moto drove passed and snatched their phone.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Remember when letters containing one's rough travel itinerary for the next couple of months to families sometimes arrived after you'd already returned home?
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

This picture looks weird. The phone looks like half of it is missing and what is there is photoshopped on.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:25 pm Back before this instant communication era I'd probably call my folks before leaving on a trip, send them a postcard six weeks later and then call them after I got back later in the year, it was no big thing. Folks should stop freaking out just because someone hasn't been in touch for a week.
While I agree with you in principle, unfortunately now days regular contact is a thing and I can understand the concern when people who are in regular contact with friends and family just drop out. Having said that, just doing a little research into your next destination is enough to tell you whether you may be going to a place with sketchy internet coverage ( like the Islands here) and you should then inform your family and friends that you may be out of contact for a while and not to worry. That's just common courtesy and common sense. Both seem to be lacking in this day and age. Or maybe its just that the ease and cheapness of travel now, permits people who lack both to travel?!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

khmerhamster wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm This picture looks weird. The phone looks like half of it is missing and what is there is photoshopped on.

That is weird, and worrying. I think they might have been caught in a glitch.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Too soon. Rest in peace.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

JB said glitch not in a ditch...................
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic